Lavar Johnson vs. Brendan Schaub rebooked for UFC 157 on Feb. 23 in Anaheim
Once more, with feeling. Lavar Johnson is getting all patched up from his groin injury and should be ready to fight Brendan Schaub at the UFC 157: "Rousey vs. Carmouche" pay-per-view fight card, which was recently made official for the Honda Center in Anaheim, California on Feb. 23, 2013.
Lavar Johnson vs. Brendan Schaub, take two.
The hard-hitting heavyweight sluggers are set to do battle (again) at the UFC 157: "Rousey vs. Carmouche" pay-per-view (PPV) fight card, which was recently made official for the Honda Center in Anaheim, California on Feb. 23, 2013, according to a report from MMA Junkie.
Josh Koscheck: 'Rory MacDonald should fight me, but I doubt the UFC wants to see him get his ass kicked'
Rory MacDonald is the cat's meow at 170 pounds, but don't expect any bowls of milk from former division number one contender Josh Koscheck, who offered to fight "Ares" following his win over B.J. Penn at UFC on FOX 5 last Saturday night in Seattle.
Top Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight prospect Rory MacDonald put the screws to B.J. Penn in a lopsided affair as part of the UFC on FOX 5 main card held last Saturday night (Dec. 8, 2012) at the KeyArena in Seattle, Washington.
Josh Koscheck was not impressed.
In fact, the former division number one contender went so far as to say "Ares" should step up and face him inside the Octagon -- though he doubts their employer would be willing to expose the young buck in a showdown opposite the longtime veteran.
Dana White: Anderson Silva wants a new 10-fight deal with UFC
If we're to believe UFC President Dana White, Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva wants a new contract from the promotion. But he doesn't want a run-of-the-mill four or five fight deal. He wants 10 -- count 'em -- 10 more fights.
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva is currently signed with the promotion for two more fights. He's gone back-and-forth on the subject of retirement, first saying he would be out of the game at 35-years-old, then later claiming he could continue his career for another 10 years.
As of late, it's seemed he's content on taking it one fight at a time. But if we're to believe UFC President Dana White, that's not the case.
That's because he revealed to fans during a live chat with MetroPCS that the UFC approached the reigning pound-for-pound king with a new 8-fight contract offer. And he turned it down.
"Fuck that, I want a 10-fight deal," Silva said. Or at least that's what White said Silva said. Expletive likely added.
UFC on Fox 5 results & analysis - Bendo manhandles Diaz for 25 minutes
SEATTLE – The changing-of-the-guard theme apparently doesn't apply to Benson Henderson.
The UFC's lightweight champion survived a few precarious submission attempts from challenge Nate Diaz, but dominated the striking battle on his way to a unanimous decision win and the second defense of his title. Henderson won with scores of 50-43 – getting two 10-8 rounds from one judge – and a pair of 50-45s.
The light heavyweight bout was part of the main card of Saturday's UFC on FOX 5 event at Seattle's KeyArena. It aired on FOX following prelims on FX and Facebook.
"It's just a matter of being well-prepared and being in the gym as much as possible," Henderson said. "All these guys want to talk about being fighters and they train this hard, and Nate obviously trains his butt off, he's freaking tough as heck. But at the MMA Lab in Glendale, Ariz., that's what we're all about."