Lashley To Face Ex-NFL Player Next
Bobby Lashley's next MMA fight, scheduled for April 25 at XFC Regional Conflict in Tennessee, is now set. Lashley will face Marcus Jones (4-2), a former NFL player taken in the first round by Tampa Bay in '96 who played 6 years in the NFL.
Bobby Lashley beats Guida
i would have figured this was posted already, but I havnt seen it. Bobby Lashley beat Jason Guida by unanimous decision. Heres the link
Either Guida did way better than I expected, or Lashley really isnt that good yet
Rookie promotion Shine Fights features UFC vets during May 9 debut in Ohio
After watching the sport of mixed martial arts explode, seeing his brother excel on "The Ultimate Fighter 6," and feeling the need for an organization that puts good matchmaking before record padding, MMA fan Devin Price launched Shine Fights.
The rookie organization will make its debut on May 9 with a fight card headlined and co-headlined by former UFC vets Roan Carneiro vs. Ron Jhun and Antwain Britt vs. Antonio Mendes.
The event takes place May 9 at the Celeste Center in Columbus, Ohio.
Rosi Sexton To Bellator FC
It now appears that Bellator Fighting Championshps will also feature some women's fights in addition to it's scheduled tournaments. The promotion has signed Cage Warriors Female World Champion Rosi Sexton to a 4-fight contract. Sexton will debut April 3 against Jessica Aguilar in a fight at 120 pounds, and the fight may air the following day on ESPN Deportes.
Dean Lister Invited To ADCC, Wants Fedor
Not in MMA though, but in combat grappling. Former UFC Middleweight Dean Lister, released by UFC earlier upon request, has been invited to compete in the Abu Dhabi grappling tournament once again this year. Lister won the tournament in 2003. He's also considering moving up to the weight class that Fedor Emelianenko, also expected to participate this year, will be competing in for a potential match against the MMA Heavyweight king.
Miller emerges from "retirement" for Kingdom MMA, "Bully Beatdown"
Just five months ago, the MMA world was shocked to hear of the sudden retirement of the indescribable Jason "Mayhem" Miller (21-6).
But it now it seems we may be getting more of Miller than ever before with the upcoming debut of an original MTV series and an April title bout in the upstart Kingdom MMA.
And if you choose to believe the 28-year-old's latest story - told to TAGG Radio (www.taggradio.com), the official radio partner of MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) - the whole retirement scare was just a misunderstanding, anyway.
Cro Cop Not Coming Back To UFC...........Yet ?
Mirko ‘CroCop’ Filopovic will be heading back to DREAM/K-1 in Japan and not the UFC, according to a report from a Croatian sports website.
The heavyweight kickboxer has been offered a three-fight deal and a K-1 rules match with Alistair Overeem, according to Sportal.hr
"In July, the Japanese want me to reprise my fight with Alistair Overeem and by K-1 rules,” Filopovic said. “I have nothing against continuing last year’s fight, which ended prematurely.”
Exclusive: Fedor NOT Fighting on DREAM's OWGP
We asked M-1 if there was any truth to this rumor, or statement made by a DREAM Official.
There is no truth in this rumour at all.
No one really thought it was possible for Fedor to enter, but a great deal of people hoped, including every major Croatian news team. After the statment from the DREAM official that they plan to host a Open-Weight Grand Prix, and they want Fedor and Mirko to be in it, right away they hoped for Fedor vs Crocop 2. However, at this time M-1 is saying “No Truth At all” to this statement and rumor.
UWC Pursuing Legal Action Against Chase Beebe
After former WEC Bantamweight Champion Chase Beebe pulled out of a scheduled fight at UWC: Man 'O War last month claiming an injury, it ultimately turned out to be an apparent case of Beebe pulling out to avoid getting hurt before his fight last weekend at DREAM 7. As a result, UWC owner/promoter S. Marcello Foran has issued a statement noting that UWC will be pursuing legal actions against Beebe to cover costs and contractual obligations among possibly other things.
Von Flue Chokes Out Ramerez
TULARE, Calif. -- Jason Von Flue choked Steve Ramerez unconscious Saturday in the main event of Pure Combat’s “Backyard Brawl.”
Ramerez came out looking to strike, catching Von Flue with a punch before being wrapped up in the clinch and tumbling to the mat. Ramerez rolled for a reversal, but Von Flue kept rolling, landed on top and took Ramerez’s back.
From there Von Flue kept his hooks in and worked for a rear-naked choke. Meanwhile Ramerez punched behind him, trying in vain to break the hold. He could not and went to sleep at 2:54.
After the fight Von Flue thanked the crowd and praised his opponent’s toughness. He then took a moment to propose to his girlfriend.
Wilson Reis to headline second Bellator event at Mohegan Sun on April 10
Bellator Fighting Championships announced today that Bellator II (the second event of the highly anticipated 12-week tournament series airing on ESPN Deportes) will be hosted by Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, Conn., on April 10, 2009. The second nationally and internationally-televised event hosted by Mohegan Sun will occur Friday, June 12, 2009 and will feature a Bellator World Championship bout.
The fight card is detailed below:
145 lbs. — Wilson Reis (6-0) vs. Henry Martinez (5-1)
155 lbs. — Thomas Schulte (18-6) vs. Ivan Iberico (7-1/27-1)
170 lbs. — Lyman Good (7-0) vs. Hector Urbina (12-4)
170 lbs. — Jorge Ortiz (15-4) vs. Aaron Romero (5-2)
170 lbs. — Dave Menne (42-15) vs. Norman Paraisy (5-0)
170 lbs. — Omar De La Cruz (3-1) vs. Victor Meza (9-0)
Ricco Rodriguez To PFC, Possible Title Shot Imminent
Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Ricco Rodriguez has signed a 3-fight deal with Palace Fighting Championship (PFC) and a shot at the PFC Heavyweight Championship, currently vacant, appears imminent. His first PFC fight is May 8, but it's not yet known if he'll get to fave Lavar Johnson for the vacant title.