Do you have a hot MMA story or news item that you have found and would like to share?
Then read our guidelines then post it to our MMA News Share Forum to have it display here for the community to read on this page.
Mark Hunt said he felt backed into a corner.
The popular heavyweight fighter said he didn't want to fight Alistair Overeem at UFC 209 on March 4, but felt like he didn't have much of a choice. Hunt is currently suing the UFC for racketeering, fraud and negligence, among other claims, for the situation regarding Brock Lesnar's failed drug tests.
Hunt turned down multiple bouts last year, but told Ariel Helwani on Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour that the UFC threatened that he would be in breach of contract if he didn't take the Overeem matchup.
Not you too, Anderson.
Add former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Middleweight champion Anderson Silva to the laundry list of fighters on the roster who are chomping at the bit to pick a fight against current Lightweight champion and all-around mega-star, Conor McGregor.
"The Spider" recently spoke to Globo (via champions.co) declaring that before his storied career comes to an end, he wants to test himself against the "dwarf" that has unusual abilities.
One of the more successful fight teams in recent times is breaking up. Or, in the words a key founding member, the Blackzilians — which has been operating since 2010 — has “splintered.”
According to original member Rashad Evans, the Boca Raton-based fight team — ran by Glenn Robinson, who owns Authentic Sports Management and represents the individual fighters — is now in the process of dismantling, and breaking into smaller factions.
During an appearance on Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour, Evans explained the current state of the Blackzilians as a team that has drifted apart.
Stipe Miocic is a man of few words. So when he says he is irritated with something, people tend to take notice.
The UFC heavyweight champion on Monday revealed that he was deeply frustrated with the UFC after discovering that he earned a smaller payday than his challenger at UFC 203, Alistair Overeem, despite the entire event being built around Miocic defending his title in his hometown of Cleveland, Ohio.
In the never-ending saga of will they or won’t they that is the potential boxing match between UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor and undefeated boxing great Floyd Mayweather Jr., the first real move towards making that a reality occurred when White’s offer was not well-received. for making such a low offer.
Shortly after that statement,
Well backstage at the Baduo Jack-James DeGale fight over the weekend (Jack is signed to Mayweather’s promotion company), Mayweather agreed that $25 million is a lot of money but he explained that it’s not “Mayweather money.”
UFC President Dana White has stepped in between Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor, blasting the boxing champ’s offer to the Irish UFC champ and countering with his own.
After Mayweather claimed to offer McGregor $15 million to his $100 million for a boxing match, White came on FS1’s “The Herd” today to offer the fighters $25 million each and a possible cut of the pay-per-view revenue for a boxing match.
“There’s a real offer to Floyd,” White said.
Robbie Lawler is looking for a new gym to call home.
The former UFC welterweight champion has left American Top Team, sources confirmed with MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani on Wednesday. ENT Imports was the first to report the news.
Mark Hunt has taken his grievances against the UFC to court.
The veteran heavyweight filed a civil suit in U.S. District Court on Tuesday naming Brock Lesnar, UFC president Dana White, and the UFC’s parent company Zuffa LLC as defendants, and seeking damages “in the millions” for the controversy surrounding Lesnar’s two failed drug tests ahead of his return fight against Hunt at UFC 200.
The suit alleges racketeering, fraud, negligence, and breach of contract among eight charges levied by Hunt against the UFC, Lesnar, and White. Hunt’s lead attorney, Christina Denning, confirmed the validity of the suit to MMA Fighting on Tuesday night following an initial report by ESPN.
A long-awaited bout between Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov appears closer than ever to being done for UFC 209.
Ferguson today said that he had been tested by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, the UFC’s anti-doping partner, and indicated a bout with Nurmagomedov is on the table for the March 4 pay-per-view event at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
2017 is not starting off well for Ronda Rousey.
10 days after suffering a 48-second knockout loss to Amanda Nunes at UFC 207 in Las Vegas, Nevada, the former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) women’s Bantamweight champion had her home in Venice Beach, California vandalized.
This isn’t the first time Tito Ortiz has announced his retirement. The former UFC light heavyweight champion called it a career after a 2012 loss to Forrest Griffin and was inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame.
Then came an improbable run with Bellator, one in which he drew a game-changing television rating for a fight with Stephan Bonnar on Nov. 2014 which helped usher in the current era of MMA free agency.
But while the inevitable can be postponed, time catches up with everyone eventually. Ortiz’s Bellator 170 main event against Chael Sonnen comes two days before his 42nd birthday, and “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” affirmed that win, lose, or draw, he intends for the bout to be the last of his MMA career.
Marlon Moraes successfully defended his World Series of Fighting bantamweight title on Dec. 31, and he’s once again a free agent.
The Brazilian talent, who signed a one-fight deal with WSOF earlier this year, knows what he wants after scoring a first-round stoppage victory over Josenaldo Silva in New York.
Less than 24 hours before Moraes’ 11th victory under the WSOF banner, the bantamweight title was on the line in the UFC Octagon. Dominick Cruz, who dominated the division for years, suffered his first defeat in almost a decade against Cody Garbrandt.
Moraes enjoyed Garbrandt’s performance, but thinks he has what it takes to beat any bantamweight in the world.
Khabib Nurmagomedov’s manager is apparently growing impatient with Tony Ferguson’s impasse with the UFC.
Former WSOF matchmaker and Dominance MMA chief Ali Abdelaziz gave an ultimatum to Ferguson today on Twitter.
“You have 6 days to make a deal with the UFC (and) if you don’t make a deal I’m going to find someone else to fight” read the message, since deleted.
Brock Lesnar’s MMA future remains uncertain, but the results of his doping case no longer are.
The former UFC heavyweight champion was suspended one year by USADA for failing two drug tests in relation to UFC 200 in July, the UFC’s anti-doping partner announced Wednesday in a press release. Lesnar is eligible to return to the Octagon on July 15, 2017, one year after his provisional USADA suspension began.
I know, I know, we’ve heard this before... and even before that. But this time he really means it.
Mirko Filipovic, 42, who rose to power under the PRIDE FC banner over a decade ago, recaptured some of that former glory by winning the RIZIN FF open-weight grand prix last weekend in Saitama, Japan.
That’s what we call leaving on a high note.
“That was definitely my last tournament. I have health problems and this is definitely the end of my career,” Cro Cop told Nova TV (via Croatia Week). “I know I have announced my retirement before, but this is definitely it.”
Filipovic (35-11-2) retires on the strength of a seven-fight winning streak.
Ryan Bader has yet to ink a new contract with Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) after he opted to fight out his existing deal rather than sign an extension last year.
A move that proved to be the right one for "Darth," knocking out Antonio Rogerio Nogueira last November to secure his second straight win, seven of eight overall. Whether or not that equates to big bucks for Bader, remains to be seen. One thing is certain, though, if his longtime employers don't pay him, he'll gladly go to a company that will.
Bellator MMA included, as he recent told Flo Combat.
A former UFC heavyweight is being accused of kneeing his girlfriend in the head, dragging her by the hair, and threatening to kill her 10-year-old son, per a police report obtained Tuesday by MMA Fighting.
Johny Hendricks' days of fighting at welterweight are about to come to an end.
Hendricks, who failed to make the 171-pound limit on Thursday, prior to tonight's UFC 207 fight against Neil Magny, told MMAFighting.com that he's not going to cut to welterweight anymore.
"I'm done fighting at welterweight," he said, just hours before the fight. "Unless they open up a 175-pound division, I'm moving up to middleweight."