Alistair Overeem will be subject to strict Olympic-style drug testing for Brett Rogers fight
Pro Fight Network's Chris Greenman recently did a interview with Brett Rogers and his manager talking about Brett's preparation for the Overeem fight coming up at StrikeForce Heavy Artillery. Brett talks about moving fight camps and the benefits that come from it. Also in the interview Brett and his manager mention that for the upcoming fight Overeem will be subject to strict Olympic-style drug testing.
Please excuse Chris Greenman's one-sided interviewing techniques.
To watch the video interview click
White says Aldo one of world's best, WEC champion's next move uncertain
If nothing else, WEC featherweight champion Jose Aldo has options.
After a dominating five-round victory over former champion Urijah Faber at this past Saturday's WEC 48 event, UFC president Dana White said he was so impressed with "Junior" that he's already considering where the Brazilian phenom would rank in both the bantamweight and lightweight divisions.
As for the humble Aldo, he'll just sit back and wait to hear what's next.
UFC's Tito Ortiz denies wrongdoing, accuses Jenna Jameson of OxyContin abuse
First of all anything being posted is just speculation. Nothing is a fact yet. I'm just posting this because the news is important and it can determine a fighters life and career. Just keep that in mind when leaving comments.
Former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz called a press conference in North Hollywood, Calif., Monday night and said an alleged domestic abuse incident with longtime girlfriend Jenna Jameson was prompted by Jameson's addiction to the prescription opiate OxyContin.
"Unfortunately, Jenna relapsed this morning and suffered the consequences of that," Chip Matthews, Ortiz's personal lawyer, said at the press conference. "We're here because Tito was trying to help her."
Ortiz denied harming Jameson during the incident, which allegedly took place Monday morning at the couple's home in Huntington Beach, Calif.
Video of Tito's News conference
WEC 48's Mike Brown says nothing interfered with his camp for Manny Gamburyan
Former WEC featherweight champion Mike Brown says he was not distracted by personal issues leading into his fight with Manny Gamburyan this past Saturday at WEC 48.
After Brown suffered a first-round knockout to Gamburyan, UFC president Dana White told reporters that the former champion suffered personal problems in training camp and said he was tipped off to the issue by Strikeforce middleweight champion Jake Shields and famed MMA trainer Mark DellaGrotte.
"I'm not sure where everything's coming from," Brown today told MMAjunkie.com. "I've talked to Jake before, and I know Mark. Everybody has issues going on but it wasn't a factor in my fight."
Are UFC-WEC joint shows on the horizon? Dana White says he has "long-term gameplan"
This past Saturday's "WEC 48: Aldo vs. Faber" event benefited from a promotional push from its sister promotion – the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
As MMAjunkie.com previously reported, the reason was simple: to get some preliminary fights on Spike TV as a teaser to the WEC's first-ever pay-per-view event, the WEC branding had to be stripped.
But what about a next step in the UFC-WEC relationship? Could we ever see UFC and WEC fighters competing on the same card?
Despite recent antics, Anderson Silva will headline UFC 117 says Dana White
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Despite UFC president Dana White's threats in Abu Dhabi earlier this month, UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva will not be fighting on the preliminary card of a UFC event any time soon.
In fact, he'll actually be in the main event.
Following Saturday night's "Aldo vs. Faber" post-event press conference, White told a small group of reporters that the upcoming Silva vs. Chael Sonnen fight at UFC 117 in Oakland, Calif., would serve as the night's featured contest.
Chael Sonnen confirms he'll face Anderson Silva at UFC 117 in Oakland
Chael Sonnen will get his shot at champion Anderson Silva on Aug. 7 at UFC 117 in Oakland, Calif.
The mercurial middleweight confirmed the upcoming bout at a UFC Fight Club Q&A session on Friday, though he did say one condition existed for the fight.
Sonnen is in for the contest, but he's giving the champion a chance to back out.
No WEC, no problem; Dana White says missing logo all part of master plan
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – As the WEC's first-ever pay-per-view event draws near, the big guns from both the WEC and UFC have descended upon Sacramento, Calif., to begin final preparations for the April 24 event.
But while WEC stars Jose Aldo, Urijah Faber, Ben Henserson and Donald Cerrone joined UFC president Dana White today at ARCO Arena for a pre-event press conference, there was one noticeable absence.
The WEC logo.
Melendez taking time off, wants Alvarez fight.
It's been a long, hard road for Gilbert Melendez, but after defeating Shinya Aoki last Saturday night he's back where he's wanted to be for so long.
Sitting among the elite lightweights in the world, currently ranked No. 3 according to the MMAWeekly.com World Rankings, he's now ready to take some time off.
M-1's Finkelchtein addresses Boon's "rubbish," apologizes for Overeem comments
While U.S. mixed martial arts fans may not be extremely familiar with the figures involved, the rivalry between M-1 Global president Vadim Finkelchtein and Golden Glory co-owner Bas Boon is nothing new.
Quite the contrary, the two have traded verbal jabs since the heyday of PRIDE, and neither is much a fan of the other.
But recently those jabs turned into knockout punches as Boon took to the Internet with an open letter that accused M-1 Global of ties to organized crime, death threats and patently avoiding a fight for its chief client, Fedor Emelianenko.
"Countdown to Aldo vs. Faber" debuts tonight on Versus, replays available all week
As a reminder, "Countdown to Aldo vs. Faber," which previews this Saturday's first-ever WEC pay-per-view event in Sacramento, Calif., debuts tonight on Versus, with replays scheduled for Versus, MTV2 and Spike TV throughout the week.
The hour-long special airs first at 4 p.m. ET/1 p.m. PT.
The program also airs tonight on MTV2 at 7 p.m. ET/PT and late night/early Thursday morning at 12 a.m. ET/PT on Spike TV.
Dana White says Showtime runs Strikeforce, not Scott Coker; won't be worried about Strikeforce when they're off CBS
I'm telling you, man, I'm the one out there, hitting the pavement, beating the bricks, talking to all these guys. They don't know (crap) and they don't want to know (crap). They don't care... They (Strikeforce) are going to go away. Showtime (messed) that whole thing up. They'll go away. They'll be off CBS and I won't have to worry about them being so, you know, out in front. When something like that happens on CBS, people are going to hear about it. If they end up staying with (crappy)-ass Showtime, 200,000 people see it. I can live with that...
Dana White Believes Strikeforce Sent Mayhem Into Cage
UFC president Dana White was a guest on Tuesday's "Jim Rome Is Burning" to discuss Saturday's in-cage melee at the recent Strikeforce event on CBS. He thinks that Strikeforce sent Jason "Mayhem" Miller into the cage to challenge middleweight champion Jake Shields in order to "save face."
Also Includes Audio Interview. Enjoy!
Shields Thinks No One Should Be Punished For Strikeforce Brawl.
Following the biggest win of his career, Jake Shields soon had another challenger in his face during his post-fight interview, and just seconds later mayhem literally erupted.
Jason "Mayhem" Miller came into the cage immediately following Shields' win and challenged the middleweight champion to a rematch for a fight they had in November 2009 in which Shields defeated him by unanimous decision.
"He came so fast out of nowhere, and just kind of bumped into me, the way he came up and said rematch, I just thought it was really rude. He got in my face, he bumped me, and interrupted in the middle of the interview," Shields told MMAWeekly Radio on Monday night.
Brett Rogers Questions Alistair Overeem's "Eastern Diet"
MMA Fighting spoke to Strikeforce heavyweight contender Brett Rogers this weekend about his upcoming title fight against Alistair Overeem on May 15. Rogers didn't hold back when discussing Overeem's lack of of title defenses over the last two years and Overeem's new and improved physique.
To watch the interview click the link below.
UFC's Brian Stann dropping to middleweight, hopes to fight in July or August
Brian Stann is tired of being an undersized light heavyweight in a division full of heavier takedown artists. So, he's moving to middleweight.
Stann, who today spoke to MMAjunkie.com from suburban Atlanta, said he "rolled the dice" against Phil Davis at UFC 109 but doesn't regret his decision to take a bad matchup on paper.
But the reason he took the fight might surprise you.
Click the link to read the rest.
Jason "Mayhem" Miller Apologizes For Post-Strikeforce Brawl
Strikeforce: Nashville had it's share of criticism after the events of Saturday night.
Unfortunately, the fight card was overshadowed by the brawl between Jason "Mayhem" Miller and Jake Shields, Gilbert Melendez and the Diaz brothers.
Late Sunday night, Miller posted an apology on his website and addressed the situation.
Good move by Mayhem or is he being hung out to dry by SF?
I think a question that needs to be asked after this is after the events of the other night would Dana still consider signing Sheilds? As defensive as he is of MMA and it's image, is it too big a risk to have Shields posse at events?
Sweet Chael Sonnen interview
Did you perceive the goading, motioning, shouting by Silva to be showmanship or disrespect? Or perhaps a little bit of both?
Look, I'm not a gang banger. I don't talk about “respect.” That term is for street thugs, not me.