Do you have a hot MMA story or news item that you have found and would like to share?
Then read our guidelines then post it to our MMA News Share Forum to have it display here for the community to read on this page.
On Thursday morning, 31-year old Brazilian fighter, Talita Nogueira, showed up 5 1/2 pounds over the 146-pound maximum for her fight with Marloes Coenen. Mike Mazzulli, the Director of Athletic Regulation for the Mohegan Tribe, told MMA Fighting that Noguiera never officially weighed-in. Coenen opted not to take the bout when she learned that Nogueira was over by so much.
Another fight on the main card that appeared to be in jeopardy is still on. As of Thursday night, Daley has been cleared and the fight is still on.
A bantamweight clash between veterans has been added to UFC on FOX 22.
Takeya Mizugaki (21-10-2 MMA, 8-5 UFC) will square off with Eddie Wineland (22-11-1 MMA, 4-5 UFC) at the event, which takes place Dec. 17 at Golden 1 Center in Sacramento, Calif.
Ireland's McGregor, who is currently scheduled to fight Eddie Alvarez for the lightweight title in a champion vs. champion superfight at UFC 205, went off on the entire UFC roster on Monday in a video posted on his YouTube channel – The Mac Life.
It looks like the UFC is putting a little insurance on their year-end card, just in case their bantamweight title fight has some issues. T.J. Dillashaw is definitely unhappy that he wasn't picked to fight Dominick Cruz again but he will still have a tough opponent across from him in John Lineker.
The bout isn't official for UFC 207 yet, but Brett Okamoto of ESPN is reporting that it likely will be soon.
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) interim featherweight champion Jose Aldo was hoping to retire from mixed martial arts (MMA) to pursue other interests, even going so far as to threaten his promoters with legal action.
That didn’t exactly pan out.
Manager Andre Pederneiras talks to Combate (via Bloody Elbow):
"Right now we have this Pettis vs. Holloway fight, and there's Conor's decision, too. We can only know what's going to happen after that. Aldo wants to retire in order to do other things, but in these talks we had with the UFC, it became quite clear that they will not let him go to pursue that. There's no choice but to fight. It'll depend on the outcomes of these two fights. Pettis vs. Holloway and Conor vs. Alvarez. I don't know what Conor will decide, but I believe February or March would be a good date to face him. They are fighting now, so there would be a good three, four month break."
A pair of fighters will debut in the UFC octagon at UFC Fight Night 99 when Brett Johns faces Kwan Ho Kwak in a bantamweight bout.
The bout between Johns (12-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) and Kwak (9-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) was announced today on the UFC Europe Twitter account.
UFC Fight Night 99 takes place Nov. 19 at SSE Arena Belfast in Northern Ireland. The entire event, which kicks off at 12:30 p.m. ET (9:30 a.m. PT), streams on UFC Fight Pass.
Though it will have been over 13 months between fights for Ronda Rousey, the galvanizing former bantamweight champion says fans might want to catch her while they can.
Rousey, who has a chance to regain her title on Dec. 30 against Amanda Nunes at UFC 207, was a guest on Ellen on Tuesday. She broke her relative silence on the issue of what the future has in store when asked how long she was going to stick around the fight game.
"Not that long, I’m wrapping it up," the 29-year old Rousey said. "This is definitely one of my last fights.
"So everyone better watch. The show isn’t going to be around forever."
An injury to former Bellator featherweight champion Pat Curran has led to a chain reaction of changes to Bellator 167.
Patricky "Pitbull" Freire vs. Derek Campos at lightweight was announced as the new main event in Thackerville, Okla. on Dec. 3 after Curran had to pull out of his original main event against John Teixeira due to an undisclosed injury.
The Luke Rockhold - Ronaldo Souza rematch will have to wait.
According to multiple sources, Rockhold has been forced to withdraw from the Nov. 26 fight due to a knee injury. As of this writing, the promotion has yet to decide who Souza will fight next, but it appears as though he will not remain on the card.
One-time UFC title challenger Joe Soto has been tapped as a late replacement to fight Marco Beltran in a 140-pound catchweight contest at UFC Fight Night 98 following the removal of Guido Cannetti due to a potential USADA violation.
The UFC announced the match-up late Monday.
A pair of interesting featherweight fights have been added to the RIZIN New Year's Eve card.
Kron Gracie and new signee Tatsyua Kawajiri will square off in Saitama, Japan, on Dec. 31, and a rematch will go down when Charles "Krazy Horse" Bennett and Minoru Kimura face off for the second time in 2016.
Former UFC middleweight and The Ultimate Fighter veteran Kevin Casey has signed with Bellator MMA on a multi-year, multi-fight deal and is eyeing a promotional debut in early 2017. Bellator officials confirmed the signing on Monday.
Former UFC lightweight champion, Rafael dos Anjos, feels like he has peaked at Kings MMA, the very gym that got him to UFC gold. Now, as he tells Combate he’s leaving his comfort zone, dos Anjos dreams of starting his own place.
“The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America 3” has finished airing, and the matchup that will determine the next winner of the reality series is now official.
Martin Bravo (10-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) and Claudio Puelles (7-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will face off in the lightweight tournament final with a UFC contract on the line at next week’s UFC Fight Night 98 event.
UFC Fight Night 98 takes place Nov. 5 at Mexico City Arena in Mexico. The event airs on FS1 following early prelims on UFC Fight Pass, though the bout order hasn’t been finalized.
“TUF: Latin America 3” was coached by former UFC champions and UFC Hall-of-Famers Forrest Griffin and Chuck Liddell. Each side will have a representative in the final. Bravo hails from Team Griffin, while Puelles spent the season with Team Liddell.
Bravo defeated Leonardo Rodriguez, Ilianovich Chalo and Javier Ganin en route to the final, going the the scorecards in two of those fights. Outside of the show, however, “Toro” has stopped eight opponents out of 10 professional wins.
Argentinian bantamweight Guido Cannetti has been pulled from next week’s UFC Fight Night 98 event following a flagged out-of-competition test issued by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency.
Cannetti took to Instagram to announce his removal from the card, and MMAjunkie subsequently confirmed the potential violation with UFC officials.
“The UFC organization was notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency has informed Guido Cannetti of a potential anti-doping violation stemming from an out-of-competition sample collected on Oct. 5, 2016,” a statement read. “USADA has provisionally suspended Cannetti based on the potential anti-doping violation.”
“Ninja” Cannetti (7-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) was expected to face Marco Beltran (8-3 MMA, 3-0 UFC) on the FS1-televised prelims of UFC Fight Night 98, which takes place Nov. 5 at Mexico City Arena. UFC officials are “currently exploring whether a replacement to fight Beltran can be arranged.”
Just days after his social media protest against Reebok, former UFC heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum revealed in an Instagram video on Friday that he has been suspended for three years from his television duties as an analyst and commentator on the UFC's Spanish-speaking broadcasts.