New "The Ultimate Fighter" cast revealed
The new history-making season of The Ultimate Fighter is only weeks away. But the 32 competitors of the first season to feature women as cast members and coaches have now been revealed in a FoxSports.com exclusive.
Only sixteen of the male and female bantamweight (135lbs) fighters—from the United States, Canada, England, Ireland and Sweden—will make it into the TUF House, where they will face-off in the toughest sports tournament on TV. “This season of The Ultimate Fighter was monumental, as we had women as coaches and competitors – fighting and living together with the men – for the first time ever," said UFC President Dana White.
The premiere episode on September 4 will determine the eight men and eight women who will be divided into teams coached by UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey and her arch-rival Miesha Tate.
Dana White makes Nick Diaz an offer: Lyoto Machida at 185 pounds
OSTON – For now, Nick Diazremains retired. But if he wants to come back, UFC President Dana White has an offer for him: Lyoto Machida in a middleweight contest."I talked to Diaz today, and I made him an offer, so we'll see what happens," White said. "He had been talking about going to 185 pounds. Machida has been talking about going to 185 pounds. So we wanted to see if he wanted to fight Machida at 185."White revealed his offer during a special Q&A session at Boston's Barrio Cantina, where he appeared as part of a fundraising effort for The Shawn Thornton Foundation at an event billed as the UFC Homecoming.Diaz (26-9 MMA, 1-2 UFC), the former Strikeforce welterweight champ, hasn't fought since March, when he lost a unanimous decision to Georges St-Pierre in a failed bid for the UFC welterweight title. It was Diaz's second decision loss in a row after he also fell short against Carlos Condit in a UFC 143 bout for the UFC's interim welterweight title.After the loss, a frustrated Diaz said he was done with the sport and has thus far kept his word.Meanwhile, former UFC light heavyweight champion Machida (19-4 MMA, 11-4 UFC) fought earlier this month at UFC 163, where he suffered a hotly contested unanimous-decision loss to Phil Davis. Both before and after the bout, Machida teased the potential for a move down to 185 pounds but ultimately said he'd defer to UFC brass to make the decision.The offer seems to throw some doubt on a rumored Machida vs. Vitor Belfort fight, which White was also said to be looking to book. Belfort has repeatedly refused to fight at 185 pounds unless he's granted a shot at the title, but that belt is currently tied up until new champ Chris Weidman rematches former titleholder Anderson Silva in December. Instead, Belfort has expressed a desire to fight outside of the division in hopes of retaining his position as a No. 1 contender in the middleweight class."I wanted Machida to fight Vitor Belfort, but Vitor Belfort is his own matchmaker, apparently," White joked. "He wants to make his own fights."White said he's not sure whether or not Diaz will accept the offer, and an exact date for the matchup has yet to be determined, though November seems the most likely timeframe. But for now, it remains Diaz's choice. White said he tendered the offer and will now wait for a response."They said they'd gt back to me,"
Sorrybout the wall of text, I'm on y phone
Fox Sports 1 will launch with DirecTV, Dish and Time Warner Cable
Fox Sports 1 has struck agreements with three major distributors that will ensure that the new cable network will be available in the majority of pay-TV homes when the network launches this Saturday, people familiar with the matter said.
The three carriers -- satellite broadcasters DirecTV and Dish and cable operator Time Warner Cable -- all have agreed to carry Fox Sports 1 when it launches. Those three distributors combined reach over 40 million homes.
(((>>> Daddy Chael pulled some strings today to get the deals done....you are welcome <<<<)))
Four UFC fighters set to compete at ADCC 2013
One of the most prestigious grappling competitions in the world lands in China for the first time on October, and their list of competitors has four fighters currently on the UFC roster.
Abu Dhabi Combat Club Submission Wrestling World Championship, also known as ADCC, announced on Monday that Dong Hyun Kim has been confirmed to compete in the 169-pound division on Oct. 19 and 20 in Beijing, China.
Jiu-Jitsu specialists Rousimar Palhares, Vinny Magalhaes and Fabricio Werdum are also confirmed at the competition. UFC veterans Dean Lister and Jon Olav Einemo are also listed...
Invicta FC champ Cris 'Cyborg' books muay Thai bout at Lion Fight 11
With plenty of buzz about MMA fighters such as Anderson Silva and Quinton Jackson crossing over to box against Roy Jones Jr., there's another crossover that will happen first.
Former Strikeforce women's featherweight champion and current Invicta Fighting Championships titleholder Cristiane Justino will venture into the world of muay Thai...
WSOF draws its biggest ratings on Saturday night
Saturday night's World Series of Fighting show on NBC Sports, headlined by Tyrone Spong's decision win over Angel DeAnda, did the company's best numbers to date with a 0.23 rating and 264,000 viewers.
The show, from Ontario, Calif., also pulled an 0.18 in the 18-49 demo and an 0.30 in Males 18-49.
The numbers are slightly below the 300,000 viewer level that the lowest rated World Extreme Cagefighting shows did on the same station, when it was known as Versus, and above most Bellator events when they were on MTV 2, which had similar reach...
With final three females released, Bellator issues statement on women's division
Bellator MMA hasn't officially dissolved its women's division. But with no women left on its roster, there may not be a home for those fighters in the promotion any time soon.
Word got out on Tuesday that Jessica Eye (10-1) had been let go by Bellator, and Tuesday also saw an announcement from all-female promotion Invicta Fighting Championship that former Bellator fighter Felice Herrig (9-4) had signed. Jessica Aguilar (15-4) most recently fought for Bellator in March.
Those three were the last remaining women on Bellator's roster, and on Tuesday night promotion CEO Bjorn Rebney issued a statement on the state of the California-based company's women's division...