Do you have a hot MMA story or news item that you have found and would like to share?
Then read our guidelines then post it to our MMA News Share Forum to have it display here for the community to read on this page.
WSOF bantamweight champ Marlon Moraes (18-4-1) is a free agent and currently entertaining an offer from the UFC. If a deal can be reached, his manager already has an opponent in mind.
Moraes’ manager, Ali Abdelaziz, today told MMAjunkie that if his client puts pen to paper, he’ll be lobbying for the Brazilian to face UFC bantamweight contender Jimmie Rivera (20-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) at UFC 210, which takes place April 8 at KeyBank Center in Buffalo, N.Y.
Canadian welterweight Sheldon Westcott has been forced to withdraw from next month’s UFC Fight Night 104 event, and UFC officials are currently searching for a replacement opponent for Alex Morono.
MMAjunkie today confirmed Westcott’s withdrawal with UFC officials.
More than seven years ago, Brett Rogers knocked out Andrei Arlovski in just 22 seconds, and turned that into a CBS-televised Strikeforce main event against Fedor Emelianenko. Today, he’s apparently homeless, and is now charged with multiple counts of sexual misconduct. Minnesota’s St. Paul Pioneer Press has the details:
Tyron Woodley isn’t happy with the UFC, or some of its fans it appears, calling himself the “worst-treated champion” in the history of the promotion.
The UFC welterweight champ believes he could be the fighter who helps the UFC break through in a big way with African-American combat sports fans, particularly considering the void left by the retirement of boxing superstar Floyd Mayweather Jr.
UFC Fight Night 104 has some musical chairs going on.
After injuries to both of their opponents, James Vick and Abel Trujillo will now face each other in a lightweight battle in Houston on Feb. 4. Sourced informed MMA Fighting of the fight switch on Thursday.
The 29-year-old Vick was originally slated to face Johnny Case at the Super Bowl card, while Trujillo was to battle Evan Dunham.
A battle of middleweight contenders is slated for UFC 210, as Gegard Mousasi and Chris Weidman will lock horns in Buffalo on April 8.
The promotion announced the pairing on Thursday. UFC 210 takes place at KeyBank Center and airs on pay-per-view. Mousasi vs. Weidman is the first bout announced for the event.
Johny Hendricks is getting another shot in the UFC.
The promotion is currently working on Hendricks vs. Lombard at 185 pounds for UFC Fight Night: Halifax on Feb. 19. The fight would mark Hendricks' middleweight debut.
The UFC originally tried to book the fight for UFC 208 in Brooklyn, but clearance issues with the New York State Athletic Commission precluded that from happening, so they moved it to the Halifax card, which recently lost its main event. According to sources, though, the promotion has yet to determine whether it will serve as the main event. It appears, as of right now, that original headliner Junior dos Santos will be left off the card after the UFC was unable to find a suitable replacement for the injured Stefan Struve.
Mark Hunt said he felt backed into a corner.
The popular heavyweight fighter said he didn't want to fight Alistair Overeem at UFC 209 on March 4, but felt like he didn't have much of a choice. Hunt is currently suing the UFC for racketeering, fraud and negligence, among other claims, for the situation regarding Brock Lesnar's failed drug tests.
Hunt turned down multiple bouts last year, but told Ariel Helwani on Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour that the UFC threatened that he would be in breach of contract if he didn't take the Overeem matchup.
Not you too, Anderson.
Add former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Middleweight champion Anderson Silva to the laundry list of fighters on the roster who are chomping at the bit to pick a fight against current Lightweight champion and all-around mega-star, Conor McGregor.
"The Spider" recently spoke to Globo (via champions.co) declaring that before his storied career comes to an end, he wants to test himself against the "dwarf" that has unusual abilities.
The UFC announced a pair of bouts to its upcoming event in Brazil.
Bethe Correia and Marion Reneau will collide in the UFC’s return to Fortaleza, Brazil, on March 11. Alex Nicholson will face UFC newcomer Paulo Henrique Costa in a middleweight contest. The promotion announced the match-ups on Tuesday.
The 23-year-old Duquesnoy is a two-division champion for the British Association of Mixed Martial Arts, owning belts at both 135 and 145 pounds. In 2016, the Frenchman dropped down to bantamweight, knocking out Irishman Damien Rooney in 82 seconds in February, then took BAMMA's 135-pound title, knocking out Shay Walsh with a standing elbow in only 75 seconds at BAMMA 25 in May.
One of the more successful fight teams in recent times is breaking up. Or, in the words a key founding member, the Blackzilians — which has been operating since 2010 — has “splintered.”
According to original member Rashad Evans, the Boca Raton-based fight team — ran by Glenn Robinson, who owns Authentic Sports Management and represents the individual fighters — is now in the process of dismantling, and breaking into smaller factions.
During an appearance on Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour, Evans explained the current state of the Blackzilians as a team that has drifted apart.
Stipe Miocic is a man of few words. So when he says he is irritated with something, people tend to take notice.
The UFC heavyweight champion on Monday revealed that he was deeply frustrated with the UFC after discovering that he earned a smaller payday than his challenger at UFC 203, Alistair Overeem, despite the entire event being built around Miocic defending his title in his hometown of Cleveland, Ohio.
Yair Rodriguez, Aleksei Oleinik, Augusto Mendes and Frankie Saenz each earned $50,000 fight-night bonuses at Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 103 event.
Rodriguez and Oleinikpicked up “Performance of the Night” awards, and Mendes and Saenz took home “Fight of the Night” honors.
In the never-ending saga of will they or won’t they that is the potential boxing match between UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor and undefeated boxing great Floyd Mayweather Jr., the first real move towards making that a reality occurred when White’s offer was not well-received. for making such a low offer.
Shortly after that statement,
Well backstage at the Baduo Jack-James DeGale fight over the weekend (Jack is signed to Mayweather’s promotion company), Mayweather agreed that $25 million is a lot of money but he explained that it’s not “Mayweather money.”