Liddell Fires Back At Kimbo
Today marked round 3 of the Chuck Liddell-Kimbo Slice war of words, with Liddell firing the latest rounds. Liddell mainly criticized two of Kimbo's prior opponents-police officer Sean Gannon and fighter Bo cantrell.
Nick Serra vs. Matt Makowski Elite XC fight added to under card
Nick “The Mad Monkey” Serra (4-2) — brother of former UFC welterweight champion and The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 4 winner Matt Serra — will reportedly fight up-and-comer Matt Makowski (2-0) on the undercard of EliteXC’s Saturday Night Fights at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J, on May 31, according to FiveOuncesOfPain.com.....
Sean Sherk: I'd never heard of Nandrolone
Its a cool interview and Sherk has some good points on BJ also talks about his steroids issue and how he's going to pressure BJ untill he quits!
I don't know how to just post the video bit but the link will take you to UFC.com and its on the video bit right in the middle of the page.
EDIT: If anyone can post a direct link to the video props will flow!
Vindication, Canadian Style
Canada's golden boy, Georges St. Pierre (Pictures), recently and emphatically claimed vindication amid much fanfare in Montreal. Another Canadian will be looking to do the same Tuesday in the Dream middleweight grand prix in Japan.
Kang Looking To Deliver A Dream Knockout
Denis Kang returns to fighting after a six-month lay off to take on Gegard Mousasi in the first round of the Dream Middleweight Grand Prix. Kang, the No. 4 ranked middleweight in the world, is going to attempt to rebound from his last fight in October where he was knocked out.
“I'm training my butt off,” said Kang in a recent interview with MMAWeekly. “I've been training since my last fight in October, because I was under the impression I was going to fight on the Dynamite show (on New Year’s Eve), so I never stopped training.”...
Not So Fast, DREAM Still Has Network TV Deal
Or so says their American rep to ADCC News:
FEG-USA top dog Mike Kogan contacted Kid Peligro and ADCC News regarding the rumors that DREAM had lost its TBS contract. Mike stated: "We're still with TBS and still have primetime slots. HEROS had 4 prime time slots with TBS, DREAM replaced HEROS and we are planning 7 events (6 in Japan and 1 in Korea) plus Dynamite. It was impossible to get that many prime time slots so we decided that we would have the first event on prime time, the next on one week delay. We will have the two Grand Prix finals and Dynamite on Prime time."
The rumors started recently when DREAM 2 was not scheduled for a primetime slot but rather pay-per-view, Mike explained: "Pay-per-view is a growing market in Japan and this actually is an additional revenue stream for us. I don't know where these people get these rumors but this was all negotiated last year so nothing has changed."
Mark Hunt Interview
Won't let me copy and paste anything from the site. Good interview with some pretty nice details on what Dreams planning for it's heavy weight div.
HEAD OF THE CLASS: ASU WRESTLERS TAKE ON MMA
"Wrestlers have always had a special place in the world of mixed martial arts. One particular group of wrestlers from Arizona State University have made a mark lately, positioning themselves as the new breed of athletes competing in MMA.
While Arizona State has always been a top school for collegiate wrestling, it has also produced many top MMA fighters including Dan Severn, Dan Henderson, and Don Frye. Now, a new group of grapplers from Arizona State has proven the team still knows how to produce great fighters.
C.B. Dollaway, Ryan Bader, and Cain Velasquez were all a part of the Arizona State wrestling team. Recently, all three have made successful transitions into MMA..."
Gesias (JZ) complains partiality at DREAM
The polemical fight between Gesias Cavalcanti and the Japanese fighter Shinya Aoki at DREAM’s lightweight GP seems to have no end. After Aoki’s complaining about an elbow blow at his back of the head and the organization define another date for the fight, it’s time to Gesias complain about some partiality at DREAM’s GP. The next fight will happen at the Saitama Super Arena at April 29th, and the Brazilian fighter said that the organization is giving advantage for some athletes. “My fight was No Contest and the correct by the event rules was that I win, but now I’ll have to fight two times in two weeks”, said Gesias that complained about some advantages to other fighters.
“I’m not unsatisfied, but I think it’s a disrespect an event that is starting now with a 16 athlete tournament, but on the first stage only has 14. An athlete is on the second stage without passing trough the first fight, if I’m not wrong it’s Caol Uno, they didn’t announced that. I’m Hero’s champion and I’m asking for any privileges, I’m only asking for a fair game”, said the Gesias.
At last, Clementi gets his just due
No cuts on the face, check. No broken bones, check. Legs 100%, check.
Rich Clementi’s ready to go.
young guns in Sam Stout at UFC 83 on April 19th? When the call came for him to replace injured Rob Emerson against Terry Etim on May 24th in Las Vegas, Clementi didn’t hesitate to accept the bout, not when he’s in the groove he’s experiencing right now.
“From September to December of last year, I fought four times,” said Clementi, who won all four of those bouts, either by submission or TKO. “When I get in that groove and things start clicking and working right, that’s when I perform best.”
TKO signs Mark Hominic
Great news for Canadian MMA fans today as TKO announces the resigning of the greatest champion in the history of the organization, Mark Hominick for a long term deal! Hominick began his career in TKO and has fought a total of 15 times for the company. He is a two time TKO Featherweight Champion and has succesfully defended his title seven times - Hominick was involved in a total of 10 TKO championship bouts! "The Machine" also fought twice in the UFC, winning on both occasions.
UFC 85 To Be Aired On SpikeTV As Well as PPV
"The UFC has announced that the June 7th UFC 86 card from London, England will now be a free TV event with Chuck Liddell pulling out from the card. The new main event sees Light Heavyweights Rashad Evans and James Irvin collide. This is the smartest move possible by the company as this show would have been lost on PPV being sandwiched between the May 24th card and the July 5th event with Quinton Jackson Vs Forrest Griffin. Do you realize this means there will be 4 UFC shows in a span of 6-weeks with UFC 84, 85, 86 and a TUF 7 finale?"
So the show airing live on PPV in the afternoon is safe to assume and then it will air on tape delay on Spike TV. Nice
James Irvin: Rashad Evans taking a ’step down’ at UFC 85
“I’m just so happy that he would even take the fight against me. I consider him an ‘A’ level fighter, and I consider myself a ‘C’ level fighter, maybe a ‘B’ level because I just beat Houston trying to claw my way up to the top. So for him to take a step down and fight me, I’m greatly appreciative of the guy, who is someone I look up to as one of those top tier fighters.”
James Irvin comments on his upcoming fight with Rashad Evans at UFC 85 in London, England on June 7, which was all made possible because of an injury to former light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell. “The Sandman” sounds surprised (and excited) that Evans accepted the bout because, as he puts it, the two are on different levels right now.
185 gets even stronger....
“The Serial Killer” Travis Lutter (9-5) announced on his MySpace blog this afternoon that his agent informed him yesterday he had been released from his UFC contract due to two consecutive losses.
Last week in Montréal Lutter was TKO’d on strikes by Fighters.com’s second-ranked middleweight “Ace” Rich Franklin (23-3).
In February 2007, Lutter tapped out amidst furious elbows launched by Fighters.com’s first-ranked middleweight “Spider” Anderson Silva (21-4).
Lutter weighed-in eight pounds overweight for his title shot versus Silva, which he won as a contestant on The Ultimate Fighter: The Comeback.
Travis Lutter cut from the UFC
UFC middleweight and "The Ultimate Fighter 4" winner Travis Lutter, who most recently suffered a second-round TKO to Rich Franklin at UFC 83, has been released from the UFC.
Lutter contacted fightticker.com with the news.
The cut is the latest from the UFC, which has been trimming its roster of fighters in recent months. As MMAjunkie.com previously reported, one of the highest-profile cases included Jake O'Brien earlier this month.
Carlos Condit signs WEC contract extension
World Extreme Cagefighting welterweight title-holder Carlos Condit (22-4), one of the few world top-10 170-pounders not fighting in the UFC, has signed a contract extension with the WEC.
The news comes from USATODAY.com.
Terms of the contract were not disclosed, though Condit confirmed that he had just one fight remaining on his previous deal.
Condit (22-4), who joined the WEC after fighting for organizations such as Rumble on the Rock and Pancrase, defeated John Alessio for the title at WEC 26 in March 2007. He's since made two successful title defenses -- against Brock Larson at WEC 29 and Carlo Prater at WEC 32.
He's now won seven straight fights, and none of his 22 victories have gone to decision.
Condit, who's been vocal about wanting to unify the WEC and UFC titles, has not been scheduled for his next fight.