MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Fedor To Be At UFC 75   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

He must of signed, after the Wandy fiasco I don't think they would bring him into the cage and announce anything without him having signed. I also know that Fedor held the ropes bigtime against Lindland to avoid getting taken down. Not saying it changed the overall outcome of the fight, but it shows you that nobody is perfect and we all will see our time.

Jujiden » Posted 6/27/07 4:49:00PM

Ho-leeeeeee CRAP! If he is signed, and it's on a historic UFC night, in front of an audience that might not otherwise watch it except that its free....would have to be one of he most ingenious moves by Dana ever. Amazing!

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

I plan to rent this on UFC.com so I can watch live!!!

guccimane » Posted 9/4/07 4:05:00PM

Fedor was scared of Lindland?? Didn't he make him cry uncle in the first round?? LOL Fedor's scared of Randy, yeah. Randy couldn't even handle Chuck, and would lose to some 205 guys. But Fedor is scared of him. Not only that, Fedor is scared of Dana White in a boxing match ala Tito Ortiz.

luckyMiddlebrook » Posted 6/23/07 1:45:00AM

That's why the UFC is so much better than boxing. There are title matches every few month. We don't have to argue in the blogs whether Fedor can beat Couture...if Fedor signs, we'll definitely see it in 08...

jomatty » Posted 7/13/07 9:07:00AM

your right that you dont have to be a fan of fedors but one thing is undeniable and that is that if you really know the mma game then you must respect fedor's talents immensely.

can he be beat? sure anyone can get caught,cut, or in some other way lose any individual fight. that does not mean that he is not the best in the game and a huge favorite anytime he steps into the ring against anybody.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

fedor does have a loss, so how is he unbeatable. see anyone can loose at any given time. As far as signing guys that come to UFC events idk about that. what about "mach" dont know if he signed yet, or lesnar

DevonFoxy » Posted 6/27/07 1:57:00PM

Yes i think if Fedor does in fact come to the UFC he will get his first loss. perhaps not to Couture (however it would be mad to count out Couture now after what hes done) Randy works out of the clinch and i dont think he would be able to do that with such a great Sambo guy. He could go the way he did with big Tim but i doubt it would be nearly as effective. I think this may be a big hush hush and he may have signed but there are indications he didn't so i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't show him on camera all night.

danski » Posted 6/30/07 12:17:00AM

Twenty20Dollars .....i hope he does sign so you change your tune

LR » Posted 6/21/07 2:59:00PM

He held the rope bigtime? He held it once, and if you watch the video, you could even make arguments that he leaned his wrist on it during the second infraction. Fact is, if the rope is staring at you in the face, the instinct of grabbing something next to your hand for balance is pretty hard to fight off. He was still able to reverse the throw, AND he beat Lindland on the ground afterwards anyways even though Lindland still gained a good position. Lindland couldn't figure out where the armbar came from after the fight, so that tells me Lindland was completely outmatched by Fedor's Sambo. Just my take. He should have been deducted a point, but he still won the fight.

Mayo » Posted 1/25/07 1:57:00PM

After watching again the fight between Fedor and Hunt I think Couture could beat Fedor by fighting just like Hunt did, but Couture has more skill and would know how to finish the fight.

silverbullet » Posted 5/28/07 3:41:00PM

Posted by Mayo

After watching again the fight between Fedor and Hunt I think Couture could beat Fedor by fighting just like Hunt did, but Couture has more skill and would know how to finish the fight.

Couture would get owned by at least three people in the LHW division (Hendo, Liddell, and Page). There is no way Couture can handle Fedor in HW, just no way. Anything can happen, and Couture could land a wild punch, but apart from that, there is nothing he could do against Fedor.

tomp6581 » Posted 1/29/07 10:53:00AM

Posted by Mayo

One flaw in you argument........Hunt kept Fedor down because he is about 280lbs and kept his weight on him......Randy is 220lbs......big difference.
I think Randy would take him down, I just dont believe he would keep him there.

ps Ill be in attendance in London, and if Fedor is there, that would be amazing!

LR » Posted 6/21/07 2:59:00PM

Hunt traded with Fedor though, and Couture's standup has been suspect in the past. Hunt just happened to luckily fluke out a massive punch that hit Fedor. Hunt was getting overwhelmed by Fedor's fists and just threw a desperation shot that caught Fedor. I don't think Randy could take that kind of beating.

guccimane » Posted 9/4/07 4:05:00PM

Posted by LR

Hunt traded with Fedor though, and Couture's standup has been suspect in the past. Hunt just happened to luckily fluke out a massive punch that hit Fedor. Hunt was getting overwhelmed by Fedor's fists and just threw a desperation shot that caught Fedor. I don't think Randy could take that kind of beating.

Hunt was getting overwhelmed?? Please. Hunt is 10x the striker Fedor is. Mark Hunt would mop the floor with Randy Couture. Randy isn't even in the same league as Mark Hunt. Hunt had Fedor and his corner really worried, you can tell by their reaction after Fedor subbed him.

As for 20 dollars, the guy who clearly doesn't know anything about Fedor. His only "loss" was due to a cut from an ILLEGAL blow. The reason it never got reversed is because Fedor's former manager didn't want to create waves in his former organization, and that organization is now defunct therefore the loss cannot be removed. What happened to TK in the rematch?? He got obliterated. Just thought you should know seeing as how you're the one who brought it up.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

[View Full Version of this Page]