MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
YAHOO, The top ten fighters   [View Full Version]
roman » Posted 1/28/07 5:06:00PM

Pretty interesting read, I agree with it too. Although I have Nog ahead of Couture.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=AoNcP26AdWhaaCk2kD5ZJ6Y5nYcB?slug=dd-082907mmarankings&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

DevMahon » Posted 4/24/07 12:21:00AM

I have to say, making a top ten P4P list might be the hardest thing to do in MMA. But Yahoo seems to have a good format, and if they're going to continually add new (qualified) pollsters and vote every month, then they should have a fairly good list.

Of course, you can nitpick about the placement of certain people, but you can't make everyone happy. It's a tough job.

Leland » Posted 4/24/07 11:10:00AM

I like their points system. very fair way to do it IMO

GrandMaster313 » Posted 6/9/07 7:01:00PM

Wanderlai should have made the list and Silva got out ranked by Pierre??? i dont know it's only my oppinion

silverbullet » Posted 5/28/07 3:41:00PM

I am not sure how Couture ended up ahead of Liddell considering that Liddell KTFO's Couture 9 times out of 10.

Also GSP is ranked way low. Considering his latest perfomance, and Fedor's continuous absence (I don't count his latest win over middleweight Matt Lindland), GSP may very well be the #1 p4p fighter in the world.

szucconi » Posted 4/19/07 12:08:00PM

Posted by silverbullet

I am not sure how Couture ended up ahead of Liddell considering that Liddell KTFO's Couture 9 times out of 10.

Also GSP is ranked way low. Considering his latest perfomance, and Fedor's continuous absence (I don't count his latest win over middleweight Matt Lindland), GSP may very well be the #1 p4p fighter in the world.

I am sure you mean 2 out of 3, right? Liddell beat him 2 out of 3. They didn't fight 10 times. 9 out of 10 would be 90% and the real percentage is 66%. I would take Randy in the fourth match.

hotrodttt » Posted 8/25/07 6:56:00PM

I think Bj should be in the top 5 IMO

nastshabast » Posted 5/24/07 1:04:00AM

it's pretty good.....everyone can't agree

Ordep » Posted 7/8/07 9:23:00PM

as long as Fedor and Shogun stays 1 & 2 , it's a good list

Lord_Lenny » Posted 3/31/07 6:09:00PM

as far as lists go this is one i agree with most, it'll never be perfect but this is closest to what i think

[View Full Version of this Page]