MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Rampage On Race   [View Full Version]
zephead » Posted 1/16/07 5:32:00PM

It was over in a flash: Quinton "Rampage" Jackson beat Chuck "Iceman" Liddell in less than two minutes back in May.

Video Interview]Radio Interview

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Chris_Keppel » Posted 7/16/07 5:26:00PM

That's the coolest m'****** out there lol

roman » Posted 1/28/07 5:06:00PM

I love the dude, and I had him to KO chuck in the 3rd. I experienced that racial garbage first hand. I had a party over at my house for UFC 71 and most of them thought I was crazy for picking "the *expletive* Rampage" (although not all were so racial arrogant), since I am the only one who fanactically follows the sport out of my friends.

But I have to go with my man Hendo on this one.

CiaoBaby » Posted 3/29/07 5:49:00PM

Always entertaining Jackson says all the right things in this interview. I don't think this is race thing at all. I read a post about a week after Rampage won the title, saying that America wasn't ready to embrace a black athlete, let alone a black champion. To me that couldn't have been a more ridiculous statement. Pro boxing, the NBA and the NFL, arguably the three most popular mainstream sports in the country...No black athletes there right? The point I'm trying to make in this rant here is this, the thought of Jackson being black never crossed my mind pre-fight or post fight. He says it best in this clip...Everyone bleeds red. Good for him. Again always entertaining, but stays classy and says the right things. Gotta go Hendo though.

Btews22 » Posted 6/28/07 1:13:00AM

looks liker rampage has a new ride.... looks like he is getting his payday he looks big 225 i would guess!!!!

Svartorm » Posted 1/24/07 8:41:00PM

Posted by CiaoBaby

Always entertaining Jackson says all the right things in this interview. I don't think this is race thing at all. I read a post about a week after Rampage won the title, saying that America wasn't ready to embrace a black athlete, let alone a black champion. To me that couldn't have been a more ridiculous statement. Pro boxing, the NBA and the NFL, arguably the three most popular mainstream sports in the country...No black athletes there right? The point I'm trying to make in this rant here is this, the thought of Jackson being black never crossed my mind pre-fight or post fight. He says it best in this clip...Everyone bleeds red. Good for him. Again always entertaining, but stays classy and says the right things. Gotta go Hendo though.

It really does matter to people though. Just ask the mods around here when he won the fight. I didn't see a single racial slur on this site up until after he won his fight and suddenly dudes that had been posting here for months started raving about how a black man won and how it was horrible. It was truly bizarre.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Leland » Posted 4/24/07 11:10:00AM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by CiaoBaby

It really does matter to people though. Just ask the mods around here when he won the fight. I didn't see a single racial slur on this site up until after he won his fight and suddenly dudes that had been posting here for months started raving about how a black man won and how it was horrible. It was truly bizarre.

Wow. Just because Rampage is the better fighter doesn't mean you need to be racist about it. I guess we have alot of Chuckhuggers out there that cant handle their champion losin

Vietnamese_Guy » Posted 1/24/07 3:17:00PM

does bisbing train with rampage or something?

Rich78 » Posted 2/23/07 9:05:00AM

BisPing has been training up at Big Bear with him recently yeah. They've become quite good buddies apparently.

adamal » Posted 8/7/07 3:53:00PM

Rampage is a great champ and so much fin to watch outside the octogon. It is unreal to me that people actually posted comments about his race. If you have a problem with Rampage holding the belt because he is black you have no place on this website or in 2007 at all.

[View Full Version of this Page]