MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Irish Whip Fighting Exclusive: Cung Le Interview   [View Full Version]
zephead » Posted 1/16/07 5:32:00PM

I had a chance to speak to one of Strikeforce’s and quickly rising MMA star Cung Le. Holding three bronze medals in San Shou kickboxing, Le started fighting in K-1 and has now broken into the MMA scene.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

fufu » Posted 3/17/07 5:10:00PM

I hope he does well. He brings something new to the sport. From what I have seen, he is a really hard worker.

Murd3rfac3 » Posted 2/11/07 5:57:00PM

Gotta love Cung Le and his jumping spin kicks and crazy striking style. If he buckles down and devotes himself to his ground game for awhile I could see him being a very dangerous man in the MMA world

kaduey » Posted 1/27/07 1:53:00PM

I'd like to see Cung fight some "real" opponents, but his highlight reel is awesome! Bad interview though.

jahdoug » Posted 6/22/07 12:02:00PM

Posted by kaduey

I'd like to see Cung fight some "real" opponents, but his highlight reel is awesome! Bad interview though.

TONY THE FREAK FRYKLUND

Wins over:
Jonathon Goulet, Bryan Ebersole, Eugene Jackson

Also Competed against:
David Loiseau, Matt Linland, Ivan Salaverry, Anderson Silva, and Duane Ludwig.

He's a real opponent.
Also if you watch the fight he was no can.

kaduey » Posted 1/27/07 1:53:00PM

Posted by jahdoug

Posted by kaduey

TONY THE FREAK FRYKLUND

Wins over:
Jonathon Goulet, Bryan Ebersole, Eugene Jackson

Also Competed against:
David Loiseau, Matt Linland, Ivan Salaverry, Anderson Silva, and Duane Ludwig.

He's a real opponent.
Also if you watch the fight he was no can.

Tony Fryklund isn't terrible but he's not at the level I speal of. It's funny you mentin the Freak because I was going to say "don't talk about Fryklund because he can't come close to competing at the top level of this sport.

[View Full Version of this Page]