MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Wohoo no ROIDS   [View Full Version]
roman » Posted 1/28/07 5:06:00PM

Everyone in UFC past their drug tests in what seems like forever! Good job fighters. (I know it hasn't been that long but it has been nuts recently)

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/blog/box_experts;_ylt=AlcQIosBTt61hD3dFoXUMiuUxLYF

fufu » Posted 3/17/07 5:10:00PM

Nice. I was expecting someone to test positive. IMO most of the guys who get caught deserve it for their own ignorance. If they would take time to understand hormone metabolism + use the right AAS + time out their cycles they can easily avoid testing positive. If I had it my way there would be no testing at all though.

I have very little doubt that Couture has been using steroids. The man is a freak of nature, but to maintain that sort of physique, power, and conditioning would require the use of steroids at some point. There is always the chance that he is not, but I highly doubt that. I don't look down upon him, not anyone else for using steroids, however. The man is 44 and his natural test levels are going to much lower than the rest of the fighting demographic. If anyone should be using them, it should be him. w00t, go Randy.

loonytnt » Posted 7/9/07 11:43:00AM

nice job im happy to hear this

roman » Posted 1/28/07 5:06:00PM

Posted by fufu

Nice. I was expecting someone to test positive. IMO most of the guys who get caught deserve it for their own ignorance. If they would take time to understand hormone metabolism + use the right AAS + time out their cycles they can easily avoid testing positive. If I had it my way there would be no testing at all though.

I have very little doubt that Couture has been using steroids. The man is a freak of nature, but to maintain that sort of physique, power, and conditioning would require the use of steroids at some point. There is always the chance that he is not, but I highly doubt that. I don't look down upon him, not anyone else for using steroids, however. The man is 44 and his natural test levels are going to much lower than the rest of the fighting demographic. If anyone should be using them, it should be him. w00t, go Randy.

No way Randy has ever used roids, he's just not the type of person who would do that. He cares about his health and he is a honest guy who wouldn't cheat. He believes in hard work and there are no shortcuts for hard work. The guy has never abused his body and has been in shape since childhood. Thats how you look when you work your ass off and take care of yourself.

Couture is the last guy I would ever think of to take steroids or performance enhancing drugs.

fufu » Posted 3/17/07 5:10:00PM

None of us know. I am just being rational. No matter how hard you train, one of the biggest factors contributing to speed, conditioning, strength and recovering is hormonal. The man is 44 and that IS old for any strength and power sport. With age comes decrease in testosterone. I'm not taking anything away from him though, he is a great smart fighter. Like I said before, I don't think using steroids should be a big issue and if done under the right setting, it won't harm your body, it would be beneficial for someone of his age regardless of if he fought or not.

[View Full Version of this Page]