MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Lutter 2 Pounds Over   [View Full Version]
chubbud22 » Posted 1/22/07 5:21:00PM

Travis Lutter came in two pounds over weight at the UFC 67 weigh-in. The Nevada State Athletic Commission will give him two hours to drop the weight,or he will lose his title shot.

Gogoplata » Posted 1/15/07 10:38:00PM

What a freaking moron. I hope he cuts it and Silva rapes him.

gspfan31 » Posted 1/25/07 12:56:00AM

his final weigh in attempt was 186.5, it's now a 3 rnd non title fight

thetom » Posted 1/30/07 12:59:00AM

yep.
source

Lutter also lost 10% of his purse 5 of that going to silva

PeterGBO » Posted 1/27/07 6:38:00PM

Oh man. How does this happen! Shouldn't he have done test runs and seen exactly what he needed to do to hit weight. Could it be possible he has done the test runs with no problem and some freak accident is causing this?

This sucks. Feels like the fans are being screwed out of a PPV fight.

Gogoplata » Posted 1/15/07 10:38:00PM

Lutter v. Silva is not what's selling pay-per-views, even if it WAS a title fight. The debut of CroCop and Rampage are what's selling PPV's. I could care less about this fight. Get it over with and give Franklin another shot.

boarderxcosta » Posted 2/2/07 12:41:00AM

how can we find out if and when he makes the cut?

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1

boarderxcosta » Posted 2/2/07 12:41:00AM

Nevermind -- its official -- he did not make the Final weigh-in-- No title shot-- what an idiot-- that was not an option on our picks. now what ??

Despite two tries at the scale, TUF 4 winner Travis Lutter will not be challenging for Anderson Silva's UFC Middleweight Championship Saturday night after coming in at a final weight of 186.5 pounds, a pound and a half over the 185-pound middleweight limit. Lutter's first attempt at making weight was 187 pounds, and after two hours he was only able to lose a half-pound. Tomorrow's UFC 67: All or Nothing main event will now be a three round non-title match, with Lutter being fined 10% of his purse by the Nevada State Athletic Commission (5% going to Silva, 5% to the NSAC).

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1

Posted by Gogoplata

Lutter v. Silva is not what's selling pay-per-views, even if it WAS a title fight. The debut of CroCop and Rampage are what's selling PPV's. I could care less about this fight. Get it over with and give Franklin another shot.

Exactly!!!!!!!!

JunCTion » Posted 1/15/07 5:40:00PM

title or not, i'm looking forward to seeing silva kick his ass.
but cro-cop and rampage are who i really want to see.
and i say dump lutter from the ufc for good. TUF the comeback, whatever.

madmarck » Posted 1/24/07 5:55:00PM

Posted by JunCTion

title or not, i'm looking forward to seeing silva kick his ass.
but cro-cop and rampage are who i really want to see.
and i say dump lutter from the ufc for good. TUF the comeback, whatever.

yeah. Thats kidna they way most people feel i think. Lutter had a title shot and lost it. I hope to God that he didnt have a contract that said he MUST get a title shot cuz then they might have to give him another title fight (although i doubt it)

Sagat_GSP12 » Posted 1/29/07 8:52:00PM

Do they really have to give him another chance for a title shot if that's in his contract though? IMO he now has to go through Franklin to get another shot. I would imagine if his contract did dictate he gets one, there would be a clause that if he's a dumbass about it and doesn't make weight he waives his right to said title fight.
Probably worded a little different on the contract though:)

BobbyG13 » Posted 1/15/07 11:18:00PM

he let the ufc down and a lot of fans, i was a real big lutter fan, but now i just lost a lot of respect for him, i hope he has a good reason for the 1and a half pounds, although what could it be?

madmarck » Posted 1/24/07 5:55:00PM

Posted by BobbyG13

he let the ufc down and a lot of fans, i was a real big lutter fan, but now i just lost a lot of respect for him, i hope he has a good reason for the 1and a half pounds, although what could it be?

It is Twice in a row that he has had problems making weight. And this time the biggest fight of his career he didnt even make it. It was a big let down for a lot of people. Although he fought well, it kinda would have sucked if he had won. B/c then he would have beat the champ and not won the title all b/c of 1.5 pounds.

[View Full Version of this Page]