MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC Officially Signs Wanderlei Silva   [View Full Version]
babalu2720 » Posted 2/1/07 8:55:00PM

The UFC today announced the signing of former Pride champion Wanderlei Silva.

In an article with UFC.com’s Thomas Gherbasi, the UFC announced that Silva will return to fight for the UFC for the first time in seven years. He last fought in the Octagon in April of 2000, losing a decision to Tito Ortiz at UFC 25.

Silva’s return is slated for sometime in December. Although no date or opponent was announced, it is likely that “The Axe Murder” will make his return on the December 29 year-end extravaganza.

Both Silva and former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Chuck Liddell have stated several times that they would like to face each other and UFC President Dana White has tried for years to put that fight together, so it would not be a stretch to believe that Silva vs. Liddell is the likely match-up for Silva’s return.

Silva commented in Gherbasi’s article that, as a longtime Pride champion, it has been a dream of his to have the UFC belt around his waste.

The signing appeared to be the realization of a dream of sorts for White as well. He stated on UFC.com, “As crazy as this sounds, this is the pinnacle of my seven year career in this company.”

The UFC has reserved December 29 with the Nevada State Athletic Commission for an event at the Mandalay Bay Events Center.
UFC Signs Wanderlei

juanez13 » Posted 7/12/07 9:54:00PM

that ****** great!!!!!! you can go to ufc.com and see the video of wanderlei silva signing the papers with dana white...............

backalley101 » Posted 7/19/07 10:22:00PM

finally closer to SILVA vs LIDDELL

DJDark41 » Posted 5/23/07 9:05:00PM

One more good fighter for the UFC, one less good fighter for everyone else. Soon enough, the UFC will sign every good/great fighter, its just a matter of time.

TOMMYAYO05 » Posted 6/27/07 5:26:00PM

I got to be honest i didnt believe this once again because dana is a ******* liar,but now hes my favortie ******* guy...hahaha im pretty ecstatic now chucks total anialation is coming soon....**** **** **** yeah...haha im sure everyone else is feelin the same way right now.

Ya we btter see Chuck vs Wandy his firsy fight or i'll be really disappointed

brutalbones » Posted 5/22/07 9:41:00PM

Posted by babalu2720

I can almost promise it won't be.

Silva/Alexander anyone?

Posted by brutalbones

Posted by babalu2720

Silva/Alexander anyone?

Why not? and i'm sick of Houston Alexander already, please Sakara knock him out

Ordep » Posted 7/8/07 9:23:00PM

patience....

he already signed..... any of those fights will be with Chuck, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, ...... one of them. I'm pretty sure that's the reason Dana brought him in. We'll finally see it happen!

Oh by the way....... Wandy 3rd TKO.

thephenom » Posted 7/2/07 6:57:00PM

bout time thats all i got to say

Jujiden » Posted 6/27/07 4:49:00PM

Posted by brutalbones

Posted by babalu2720

Silva/Alexander anyone?

Yeah, again, I'd most definitely like to see Alexander / Wandy eventually. I pick Wandy, but you can bet Houston would go for broke....and then get broken.

Fanboy 1988 » Posted 4/18/07 10:12:00AM

Rampage, Shogun, and now Silva.. Liddell's screwed

brutalbones » Posted 5/22/07 9:41:00PM

Posted by Jujiden

Posted by brutalbones

Posted by babalu2720

Silva/Alexander anyone?

Yeah, again, I'd most definitely like to see Alexander / Wandy eventually. I pick Wandy, but you can bet Houston would go for broke....and then get broken.

MAYBE. The bang fest that would ensue would be sweet. Two guys that like to stand and bang; both with stupid power. You wouldn't wanna blink.

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

this is great

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

[View Full Version of this Page]