MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
The Trouble With the Gracies   [View Full Version]
zephead » Posted 1/16/07 5:32:00PM

Somewhere in America there’s a guy who believes that Royce Gracie is the greatest fighter of all time, with Rickson Gracie as a close second.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

kaduey » Posted 1/27/07 1:53:00PM

That was a terrible article. whoever wrote that needs to go to or go back to Journalism school. What was the purpose of that whole thing. And for one thing, anybody who knows who Rickson Gracie is would never think Tank Abbott still belongs in the UFC. The fact of the matter is there are still many Gracie family members who can and are competing at the top levels. Look at the Abu Dhabi Combat Club.

Tons33 » Posted 6/21/07 4:35:00PM

I am definitely not a big Gracie fan. But watch out for Gregor Gracie. Saw him at cage fury fighting championship 5 and he was very impressive. Looks like a modernized gracie fighter. Kid is very strong, has the Gracie Jui Jitsu going for him and he is a real strong wreslter and relentless. It was his debut and he really impressed me.

silverbullet » Posted 5/28/07 3:41:00PM

Good read

Lord_Lenny » Posted 3/31/07 6:09:00PM

Posted by Tons33

I am definitely not a big Gracie fan. But watch out for Gregor Gracie. Saw him at cage fury fighting championship 5 and he was very impressive. Looks like a modernized gracie fighter. Kid is very strong, has the Gracie Jui Jitsu going for him and he is a real strong wreslter and relentless. It was his debut and he really impressed me.

Ralek and Roger look to be the future of the Gracie clan

Ordep » Posted 7/8/07 9:23:00PM

The problem with the Gracies............. Sakuraba

Manfred » Posted 2/3/07 11:32:00AM

The title and 1st paragraph were misleading. The majority of the article praised the Gracies legacy.

Renzo is the face of the family now IMO anyways. Still competitive as a fighter and trainer of a handful of current and future MMA stars.

Roger could be the future if he starts doing more MMA training. I'd like to see Kron (Rickson's only [living] son) switch over at some point too. Kron is tearing through BJJ competitions

Novincia » Posted 2/2/07 4:46:00AM

how he can magically heal sick children with his armbars

[View Full Version of this Page]