MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
TOP 5 U.S. Training Teams   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
zephead » Posted 1/16/07 5:32:00PM

The best places to train in martial arts have traditionally been in the Orient. If you wanted to study judo or sambo you went to Japan; if you wanted to study kung fu, you went China; and if you were training in tae kwon do you went to Korea. Today’s top combat fighters need to train in multiple disciplines if they want to compete at the highest levels.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Branwest » Posted 7/14/07 1:42:00PM

Interesting read. Obviously you can learn all-around MMA at any of these camps. I'd like to see them rank the top-5 camps according to specialty, such as the top-5 places to learn BJJ, Muay Thai, GnP, wrestling, or kickboxing, or boxing, Kempo, or Sambo, etc. Then they can rank the top-5 overall camps, which was what they did. While Team Hammer House is a great overall MMA academy, they specialize more in GnP and wrestling whereas Gracie's specializes in BJJ. Just a thought.

Great-Ajax » Posted 2/4/07 10:29:00PM

Hammer house is on the list but team quest isn't??? I don't get it.

the-james » Posted 1/24/07 5:32:00PM

Posted by Great-Ajax

Hammer house is on the list but team quest isn't??? I don't get it.

I agree that doesnt make sense to me, i also dont understand why MFS isnt on the list but Shamrock Martial Arts Acadamy is. O well sitll a good read.

McBee » Posted 4/15/07 3:21:00AM

Team Quest is not the only one not on there, I would like to see what their criteria is, where are all of the greatest fighters going to? Jackson. Melitich. Couture what the hell I am sure that the fighters that flock to these schools have their reason to go here instead of Hammer House and Shamrocks?

jahdoug » Posted 6/22/07 12:02:00PM

Wow, that was pretty poor. First they say that one travels to Japan to learn Sambo(Russian) They omit Militech and Quest (more sucessful than some listed), also they infer that Ken runs Franks academy, when the two are on bad terms. Who wrote that? they must be at most a very casual fan.

MrGreeny » Posted 2/3/07 6:06:00PM

Gosh... who wrote this Gracie, SteroHouse, Pit Hawaiian... ZOMG. They are good but the best?!?!?!?! Whit all my disrespect where are Jackson Camp and MFS ?!?!?!? I may hate them both, but they are good.
Even team Punishment is better than some of the teams lewl... Extreme couture is not in the top 5? WTF...

MurillaNinjaScrilla » Posted 2/13/07 2:44:00PM

I would put Team Quest and MFS over all of these.

fizz » Posted 3/9/07 3:13:00PM

LOL...Have they ever heard id Team Quest....i dought...And the best trainer in all of the US his Bas Rutten..

Sam_Rothstein » Posted 3/21/07 1:52:00AM

no team quest or miletech fighting systems? really?

ultimatefight56 » Posted 3/19/07 9:45:00PM

I'd take MFS over all of these anyday

xphycorx » Posted 7/3/07 12:48:00AM

i think quest is a better camp than mfs. look at their list of fighters, it's insane.

pharside » Posted 4/2/07 8:53:00PM

This might be off the point or it might go right with this i'm not sure but, my buddy is a trainer for the Army and his certifacation is from Gracie acadamy not sure if having a major military contract like that means anything but it might for these guys.

kerazzle » Posted 2/17/07 4:21:00PM

Why in the hell is the pit on there. The only successful fighter they've produced is Chuck Liddell. That list is missing MFS, Quest, and Jacksons. Complete garbage list. They clearly have no idea what they are talking about anyway, you dont go to Japan to learn Sambo.

zephead » Posted 1/16/07 5:32:00PM

Posted by fizz

LOL...Have they ever heard id Team Quest....i dought...And the best trainer in all of the US his Bas Rutten..

I'd have to go with Pat Militech. Matt Highes, Tim Sylvia, Jens Pulver and Rich Franklin were all champs.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]