MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Franca's Suspension Upheld   [View Full Version]
aznteabagger » Posted 4/7/07 6:25:00PM

Hermes Franca appeared before the California State Athletic Commission this morning requesting a reduction in his one year suspension for testing positive to the anabolic steroid Drostanolone following his UFC 73 lightweight title bout with Sean Sherk. That request was denied.

LINK

PaleHorse » Posted 7/24/07 5:30:00PM

Good, its about time people get cracked down on, I always thought Sean Sherk was just a tough pound for pound fighter, but it wasn't until not long before the fight that I pondered steroids. I think that Franca should have lost with dignity instead of resorting to steroids and the fight would have been declared no contest after Sherk tested positive. There are so many situations where fighters make big mistakes. Nick Diaz smoking marijuana not long before the Gomi fight, which he dominated. That fight could have made Diaz's career way bigger than it already is, including a title shot in both PRIDE and UFC, but Diaz ruined the chance he had by smoking marijuana, something that doesn't improve his fighting whatsoever, its just an illegal substance, totally not worth it.

[View Full Version of this Page]