MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
UFC Shootout April 7   [View Full Version]
Mayo » Posted 1/25/07 1:57:00PM

I hear this event will be in Houston. Does anybody know who will be on the card?

Gladiator » Posted 1/15/07 1:36:00PM

ya it should be:

GSP vs serra
Diego sanchez v josh koscheck
thales leites vs pete sell
luke cummo vs josh haynes
joe stevenson vs caol uno
ivan salaverry vs someone

thats the card as far as i know right now

gspfan31 » Posted 1/25/07 12:56:00AM

swick vs. okami has been moved to this card, it was supposed to be on the ufc 68 card

I think Sanchez will beat Koscheck and then finally get a chance at the belt. What do you think?

pv3Hpv3p » Posted 1/24/07 6:08:00PM

Posted by Mayo

I think Sanchez will beat Koscheck and then finally get a chance at the belt. What do you think?

I think Diego has the tools and the record to be considered a top contender, but I don't see how beating Koscheck would solidify #1 status.

I'd like to see him fight Hughes first then GSP (or the other way around depending on who's champ)

Pyrenus » Posted 1/29/07 9:12:00AM

Beating Koscheck doesn't help Diego at all, people will still question his ability against top 5 opponets.

But the way GSP cut through Hughes like butter was totally unaceptable. Something is off with Hughes mental state and motivation. I wish Hughes had a better opponent lined up than Lytle so that we can see if Hughes is still mentally fit and still motivated to try to reclaim the belt once again. My hunch is that Hughes is no longer a contender. My hunch is that his hunger is gone. As such I don't see a point in Diego fighting Hughes at all.
Beating Koscheck matters because they are both from the Reality TV camp and they're both #1 on that level and they're both hungry. The mental game can make the difference between a win and a loss. Once the smoke clears on these two, then the winner should totally fight GSP.
Otherwise who should GSP fight next?
And othewise who should Diego fight next?
And who is in this Top 5 you speak of?

shawneth » Posted 1/24/07 5:49:00PM

Posted by Gladiator

ya it should be:

GSP vs serra
Diego sanchez v josh koscheck
thales leites vs pete sell
luke cummo vs josh haynes
joe stevenson vs caol uno
ivan salaverry vs someone

thats the card as far as i know right now

IVAN SALAVERRY!!! Sweet, i wasn't even aware that the UFC even resigned him. Im really lookin forward to this. WOuld you mind given me a source to where you heard he would be fighting for the UFC at this date.

Gladiator » Posted 1/15/07 1:36:00PM

ya my source is mmaontap.com on the rumors link. im a big ivan salaverry fan as well, thers actually another thread all about him returning.

BloodandTears » Posted 1/25/07 2:58:00PM

Posted by Pyrenus

Beating Koscheck doesn't help Diego at all, people will still question his ability against top 5 opponets.

I for one will question his ability untill he beats a top contender and stops trying to rack up his record.. I see right through what he's doing. Racking up records has been in the boxing game for many years, It gets you a big fan base and more $$ when you do fight a top contender. Sanchez should get into the marketing business, cause thats what he is!

Playground_Samurai » Posted 1/28/07 4:36:00PM

Posted by BloodandTears

Posted by Pyrenus

I for one will question his ability untill he beats a top contender and stops trying to rack up his record.. I see right through what he's doing. Racking up records has been in the boxing game for many years, It gets you a big fan base and more $$ when you do fight a top contender. Sanchez should get into the marketing business, cause thats what he is!

Taking a fight against Karo was him just trying to rack up his record? I admit, some of his opponents have been less than great, but imo he has shown that he will fight anyone they put him up against. By the way, he doesn't make the fights and has said from the very beginning he wants a title shot. If you say him wanting to fight Hughes or GSP is trying to rack up his record, you have no clue what you're talking about.

madmarck » Posted 1/24/07 5:55:00PM

UFC 69 looks like it is gonna be the Bomb. I mean this card is getting set up and it looks awesome. I cant wait to see it.

[View Full Version of this Page]