MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Dana White " Do Steroids and get Bitch Slapped"   [View Full Version]
Cobbs666 » Posted 1/16/07 10:11:00PM

Fresh off a vacation in Tahiti with his family, Ultimate Fight Championship president Dana White was still answering questions about UFC champion Sean Sherk and challenger Hermes Franca allegedly flunking their postfight drug tests July 7. Each has been suspended for one year, although Sherk has filed an appeal. It should come as no surprise that White bristles at the criticism of how he runs UFC -- and is firing back

Link

brutalbones » Posted 5/22/07 9:41:00PM

Sounds to me like Dana is trying to stamp out drug use as best he can. At the end of the day everyone is responsible for theyre own actions.

waylon_o » Posted 1/15/07 1:24:00PM

Mad props to Dana. I've been waiting a long time to hear him say something like this, and it sounds like he's serious about it.

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

well honestly what do people expect? What more can you do but ban them from fighting and withold their money? Essentially it's the equivalent of getting fired from your job, there's really not much else an employer can do to punish an employee but fire them. People are saying something needs to be done about steroid use... something IS being done. If it weren't, we wouldn't be hearing about all of these fighters testing positive.

casey64 » Posted 7/5/07 2:39:00PM

I can`t wait till he slaps the sh#t out of someone.

aznteabagger » Posted 4/7/07 6:25:00PM

wtf...they still get $$$
so if chuck's contract says he gets 200G/fight and he failed his test...he's still gonna get 200G...so what if he doesn't get a bonus...200G is still 200G

silverbullet » Posted 5/28/07 3:41:00PM

"ESPN The Magazine: Did anybody test positive?
White: No, nobody tested positive. I'm not lying or B.S.-ing. Nobody tested positive. If they did, I would tell you. The reason it's never been out there is because nobody ever asked me or Marc Ratner."

Riiiiiiight...

wilwith1l » Posted 6/29/07 5:13:00PM

Urine analysis as a method of detecting nandrolone abuse has recently become somewhat controversial, following studies by the University of Aberdeen showing that the metabolite product can also show up in urine in quantities above the upper limit from a combination of high-protein diets utilising the legal nutritional supplement creatine and hard cardiovascular exercise. The reason for this unexpected result has not been determined. Another possible (though unlikely) reason for a false positive result is the consumption of beef from cattle treated with steroids including nandrolone (used in overturning the verdict against the bobsleigh racer, Lenny Paul). Heavy consumption of the essential amino acid lysine (as indicated in the treatment of cold sores) has also shown false positives in some and was cited by American Shotputter C.J. Hunter as the reason for his positive test. A final possible cause of incorrect urine test results is the presence of metabolites from other anabolic steroids.
Wiki

MisFiT » Posted 3/6/07 7:31:00PM

Haha props to Dana. "Do steroids and get Bitch slapped!" I love it.

brutalbones » Posted 5/22/07 9:41:00PM

Posted by aznteabagger

wtf...they still get $$$
so if chuck's contract says he gets 200G/fight and he failed his test...he's still gonna get 200G...so what if he doesn't get a bonus...200G is still 200G

Right, but then you get your belt taken away, supension for at least a year without pay, and no fight bonus. (which can be as much as the fight purse itself.)

p.s. very few fighters make 200K.

TOMMYAYO05 » Posted 6/27/07 5:26:00PM

Posted by brutalbones

Posted by aznteabagger

wtf...they still get $$$

Right, but then you get your belt taken away, supension for at least a year without pay, and no fight bonus. (which can be as much as the fight purse itself.)

p.s. very few fighters make 200K.

ortiz,liddell,couture,crocop,gracie,fedor,wandi,rampage,hendo, they all do just to name a few

[View Full Version of this Page]