MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
CNN reviews MMA (update: LINK found)   [View Full Version]
Mayo » Posted 1/25/07 1:57:00PM

I just caught a news brief on CNN talking about MMA in general. Of course they only showed highlights of UFC Fight Night events from Spike. But it was a balanced report.

They even reinterviewed Senator McCain and now he says "I have no interest in it, but now that there are sanctioned rules in place I have no problem with it."

I'm trying to find a related link on the internet but can't find anything so if you watch CNN today I'm sure they'll replay that segment like they replay all of their news throughout the day.

EDIT: here's a web link to a transcript

(YOU NEED TO SCROLL HALF WAY DOWN THE PAGE OF THE LINK)

aznteabagger » Posted 4/7/07 6:25:00PM

i guess that's sorta news

GrandMaster313 » Posted 6/9/07 7:01:00PM

i checked cnn.com and nothing is posted yet ill keep checking

Mayo » Posted 1/25/07 1:57:00PM

Posted by aznteabagger

It is news in the sense of the ever evolving national perspective on mma and how it is still not sanctioned in all 50 states due to negative publicity by individuals such as McCain.
The acceptance of MMA is growing and becoming more accepted.

Did you know that McCain changed his mind on MMA?
I think this is a significant representation of the changing minds of the population.

However... the nation all heard McCain say he was opposed to MMA. But I doubt anybody will hear that he is now indifferent to it (which to me is significant progress).

Cobbs666 » Posted 1/16/07 10:11:00PM

he is just saying that now to gain support, when it first came out he " this sport appeals to the lowest common denominator"

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by Mayo

Posted by aznteabagger

It is news in the sense of the ever evolving national perspective on mma and how it is still not sanctioned in all 50 states due to negative publicity by individuals such as McCain.
The acceptance of MMA is growing and becoming more accepted.

Did you know that McCain changed his mind on MMA?
I think this is a significant representation of the changing minds of the population.

However... the nation all heard McCain say he was opposed to MMA. But I doubt anybody will hear that he is now indifferent to it (which to me is significant progress).

I think he was pointing out the fact that your post only adheres to 3 of the 4 rules for posting in the news forum...and the 3rd rule is an important one...without a link, this would probably fit better somewhere else.

Mata_Leao » Posted 7/23/07 4:23:00AM

i'm glad McCain came around a little bit. I always thought he was cool until he bashed MMA.

Manfred » Posted 2/3/07 11:32:00AM

Posted by Mata_Leao

i'm glad McCain came around a little bit. I always thought he was cool until he bashed MMA.

Agreed, but there are much larger issues. I've seen people on the forums bash McCain for what he said and say they'd never vote for him based on that.

IMO, if MMA his the biggest political issue for you, you need help

[View Full Version of this Page]