MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Cro Cop in a cage For The 1st Time   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
BloodandTears » Posted 1/25/07 2:58:00PM

Obviously for us Mirko fans we know this is the first time in UFC. He has fought primarly Pride throughout his career which takes place in a ring. I am wondering if his style is going to be more complimentary to the ring or the cage. Do you think, keeping his style in mind that the cage will benifit him? Hinder him? or have no effect on him? IMO the cage should be an effective tool to the match not having to be restarted. This should give him more opportunity to get the KO. I look forward to seeing how or if it effects his skills.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1

ElGuApO91 » Posted 1/24/07 7:16:00PM

i doubt it will affect his skills at all except if sanchez pushes him up against the fence.

allevil86 » Posted 1/24/07 5:28:00PM

being in a cage probably won't affect him kicking eddies head into the floor seats.

Soundsfishy » Posted 2/1/07 12:03:00PM

Mirkos days are numbered!!!!!! The only way he can win is with one of those lucky headkicks that he somehow landed on the total noob wandy. Sanchez is going to pick him apart on the feet and push him against the fence and finish him off with his signature overhand right.

nate22 » Posted 1/15/07 8:21:00AM

Well he will be fine until he comes up a great wrestler with the ablilty to take him down and use the cage to their advantage.

Who you ask? Well Randy if he gets by Tim.

nate22 » Posted 1/15/07 8:21:00AM

Posted by Soundsfishy

Mirkos days are numbered!!!!!! The only way he can win is with one of those lucky headkicks that he somehow landed on the total noob wandy. Sanchez is going to pick him apart on the feet and push him against the fence and finish him off with his signature overhand right.

LOL here come the trolls.

loller90278 » Posted 1/16/07 3:05:00PM

Posted by nate22

Posted by Soundsfishy

ban quick ban hard, and lastly, ban without mercy!
this happens all the time when something on the downlow becomes more mainstream, like graffiti. after mark eckos getting up everybody became a tagger, while REAL artists (like myself) have been doin it many many many years ago.

/frusterated

Rampage_Soldier » Posted 1/29/07 5:01:00PM

Posted by Soundsfishy

<insert Tito's hyena laugh here> you can't be serious

allevil86 » Posted 1/24/07 5:28:00PM

I used to get pissed about trolling but if it's something they actually thoght about before they posted it it is kinda funny sometimes unlike the above.

hippysmacker » Posted 1/15/07 9:10:00PM

Posted by allevil86

I used to get pissed about trolling but if it's something they actually thoght about before they posted it it is kinda funny sometimes unlike the above.

Cro-cop answered this question in a interview right after he signed with the UFC. He said the octagon looks like a socccer field, it's so big. It's larger than a pride ring, and he'll have a lot more room to maneuver. That being said, he did use the ropes pretty well to bounce off of in pride, and we won't know till someone like Randy pins him against the cage on the ground ,how he will react. If he get's taken down, their will be no more restarts to move him to the center of the ring when he got tangled in the ropes. It's got advantages and disadvantages, Still, his takedown defense is rivaled only by Chuck.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

tuthemaxx » Posted 1/27/07 6:56:00PM

Posted by ElGuApO91

i doubt it will affect his skills at all except if sanchez pushes him up against the fence.

sanchez will not get close enough

JunCTion » Posted 1/15/07 5:40:00PM

cage might be bettere for cro-cop. he can controll the center of the ring, circle his opponent (who can't lean back over the ropes or hide in a corner), save his energy for the sprawl and punch and kick at wiil. just like chuck. cro-cop is the heavy weight version of chuck.

DoTheMMAth » Posted 12/26/06 1:28:00PM

Posted by nate22

Sorry, but with nate on the prowl the trolls have a short life

pv3Hpv3p » Posted 1/24/07 6:08:00PM

Posted by nate22

Well he will be fine until he comes up a great wrestler with the ablilty to take him down and use the cage to their advantage.

The cage seems to both help and hinder wrestlers depending on their opponent...

If CC can use it like Chuck does, and just press against it and stand up, then it will be a huge asset to his game.

In all I don't think it will effect his overall game too much though...

He's got such a quick sprawl n brawl technigue, that a wrestler like Tito or someone of that ilk wouldn't really stand a chance at getting a TD (See the CC / Coleman fight).

But I can see the logic behind a grecko roman wrestler like Randy, or even a 6 inch taller, 70lbs heavier version of Karo might stand a chance. Anybody know if one of those exists?

jmoooooo » Posted 1/24/07 6:09:00PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by nate22

The cage seems to both help and hinder wrestlers depending on their opponent...

If CC can use it like Chuck does, and just press against it and stand up, then it will be a huge asset to his game.

In all I don't think it will effect his overall game too much though...

He's got such a quick sprawl n brawl technigue, that a wrestler like Tito or someone of that ilk wouldn't really stand a chance at getting a TD (See the CC / Coleman fight).

But I can see the logic behind a grecko roman wrestler like Randy, or even a 6 inch taller, 70lbs heavier version of Karo might stand a chance. Anybody know if one of those exists?

6 inch taller, 70lb heavier judoka...........Fedor?

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]