MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC 75 not a PPV?   [View Full Version]
InkedUp » Posted 6/27/07 5:20:00PM

Found this over on mmanews.com

According to an article on 411Mania.com, there is a possibility that UFC 75 "Champion vs. Champion" (Rampage Jackson vs. Dan Henderson, UFC title vs. PRIDE title) will be airing on HBO or Spike TV, as opposed to pay-per view.

The report claims that PPV is still an option, obviously, but that despite the rocky relationship - HBO is a possibility as well. Spike TV would obviously also be another option, if the UFC were to go the free-TV route.

We'll keep you covered on this one if anything develops, even if it turns out to be just another one of the many HBO-UFC rumors that fall short.

MeanGreene » Posted 1/15/07 8:34:00PM

Thats what they said about the Ireland fight! you see how that changed. Dana aint gon give up no money.

Would be nice though!

NME » Posted 2/5/07 11:28:00PM

It's possible, but at the moment the UFC website lists UFC 75 as a PPV event only (in the US).

LINK

GrandMaster313 » Posted 6/9/07 7:01:00PM

i hope this happens. the closest thing Boxing had that i can remember was Tyson Vs. some bumb on National T.V. well that fight ended in 30 secs so to have multiple fights especially rampage and hendo as the main event you can't complain. Besides I think MMA's popularity over the last 2 yrs. has reached an all time high. Anyone who still has their doubts and questions will be glorified and cleansed with the brutality and superb athleticism that MMA has to offer!!!

casey64 » Posted 7/5/07 2:39:00PM

I hope 75 is not on pay per view I do not have the money to order.This would be big news to me!!!!!!!!!

TOMMYAYO05 » Posted 6/27/07 5:26:00PM

Sorry guys theres no way uncle fester is going to make this on basic cable he is a cheepskate and especially like a card like this there is no way.

szucconi » Posted 4/19/07 12:08:00PM

Its not going to be on spike. It might be a good way to kick off a partnership with HBO. They might hang that huge card in front of the HBO execs and it will force there hand in making the deal. If they don't get the deal done then it will be a PPV. If they do get the deal done it still might be a PPV. Its to far away to tell. Zuffa might not even know yet.

JimiMak » Posted 1/24/07 9:31:00PM

I would love to see this on Spike. I don't see it happening tho. This is a HUGE event, and the last ppv didn't have a title match. I just hope it isn't on HBO cuz then I can't see it.

masodd » Posted 7/2/07 4:25:00PM

it will more than likely be on HBO but it doesnt matter to me cause i have both HBO and Spike

[View Full Version of this Page]