MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Shogun Vs. Machida @ UFC 76   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3
richieb19 » Posted 2/4/07 7:47:00PM

This was apperantly confirmed by Dana White on ESPN interview today.

PeteD » Posted 3/16/07 2:07:00PM

I think this would be an awesome fight, IMO possibly fight of the year.

DevonFoxy » Posted 6/27/07 1:57:00PM

Yep its gonna be a great fight and i cant wait for it.
Link

Posted by PeteD

Absolutely, and let me be the first to say that I'm picking Lyoto as the favorite to win... his methodical style will pick Shogun's aggressive game apart piece by piece... either way, what a great fight!

italianpride » Posted 6/23/07 7:14:00AM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by PeteD

Absolutely, and let me be the first to say that I'm picking Lyoto as the favorite to win... his methodical style will pick Shogun's aggressive game apart piece by piece... either way, what a great fight!

Machida will not oustrike Shogun, watch the Vernon White fight. Shogun is way more complete and will beat Machida but I doubt it will be easy but then again look at what he did to Rampage and Arona.

On a side note, what an absolute joke of a fight to make for TUF noobs. They should've gave Shogun Forrest like they originally planned, then Shogun could give him a knee clinic and be looked at as invinceable for defeating Forrest. Now he's going to win a close fight arguably, and fans won't care because they don't know either fighter and will think Shogun is overrated and Chuck by 1st round KO. Retarded.

Posted by italianpride

Posted by richieb19

Posted by PeteD

Machida will not oustrike Shogun, watch the Vernon White fight. Shogun is way more complete and will beat Machida but I doubt it will be easy but then again look at what he did to Rampage and Arona.

On a side note, what an absolute joke of a fight to make for TUF noobs. They should've gave Shogun Forrest like they originally planned, then Shogun could give him a knee clinic and be looked at as invinceable for defeating Forrest. Now he's going to win a close fight arguably, and fans won't care because they don't know either fighter and will think Shogun is overrated and Chuck by 1st round KO. Retarded.

I doubt it, I'm sure this fight will be promoted to the full extent, and people who don't know Shogun will find out who he is. I'm much happier seeing a competitive fight like this rather than a top fighter against someone I've never heard of just to boost his popularity...

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by italianpride

Posted by richieb19

Posted by PeteD

Although several Tuffers still don't know Machida, he's easy to market because he has some notable wins over well known UFC fighters...and when Shogun beats him, I think it will sink in.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Should be good. Considering it will be shogun's debut in the octagon. and Machida has some notiable wins. If machida wins, it will be in a 3 round hard fought war. But on the other hand dana did say if shogun gets that first win the ufc, then he gets that title shot.

TOMMYAYO05 » Posted 6/27/07 5:26:00PM

If this was in pride i would say shogun with ease but there is no soccer kicks or stomps so it should be good but im still going to take shogun by tko.

Sam_Rothstein » Posted 3/21/07 1:52:00AM

this is a ******* great matchup

i have no idea who wins but i see this one going to decision

Vietnamese_Guy » Posted 1/24/07 3:17:00PM

Shogun by Chute Box violence

kmansoori6 » Posted 6/4/07 12:45:00PM

Lyoto is a very talented fighter. He won't be a pushover. I have a feeling this is going to be a war. I hope we see the old shogun come out of hiding.

StevieC » Posted 6/28/07 11:30:00AM

I LIKE IT, I LIKE IT!

I have wanted this fight since Shogun signed...I CANT BELIEVE IT'S HAPPENING....

Friggin UFC is like Christmas every month!

Machida round 2 TKO

Why? Becuase Shogun won't be able to jump and stomp down on his oppenants head. His submissions are sweet(Kevin Randleman) but Machida is just so smooth(sometimes boring) but he gets the job done...

Showed be a great fight!

italianpride » Posted 6/23/07 7:14:00AM

Posted by StevieC

I LIKE IT, I LIKE IT!

I have wanted this fight since Shogun signed...I CANT BELIEVE IT'S HAPPENING....

Machida round 2 TKO

Why? Becuase Shogun won't be able to jump and stomp down on his oppenants head. His submissions are sweet(Kevin Randleman) but Machida is just so smooth(sometimes boring) but he gets the job done...

Showed be a great fight!

There's no chance Machida stops Shogun by KO/TKO. He was ko'd in mma or muay thai and it won't happen by Machida. Machida is a smooth counter puncher, but Shogun could take him down with sweeps. I think the 1st round will be competitive, but people act like Shogun needs stomps or knees on the ground to KO guys. Last time I checked he destroyed Overeem at PRIDE 33 with one of the best gnp superman punches I've ever seen. Muay thai guys with elbows?? Look out...and he destroyed Rampage standing without using any of those things.

StevieC » Posted 6/28/07 11:30:00AM

Posted by italianpride

Posted by StevieC

I LIKE IT, I LIKE IT!

Machida round 2 TKO

Showed be a great fight!

There's no chance Machida stops Shogun by KO/TKO. He was ko'd in mma or muay thai and it won't happen by Machida. Machida is a smooth counter puncher, but Shogun could take him down with sweeps. I think the 1st round will be competitive, but people act like Shogun needs stomps or knees on the ground to KO guys. Last time I checked he destroyed Overeem at PRIDE 33 with one of the best gnp superman punches I've ever seen. Muay thai guys with elbows?? Look out...and he destroyed Rampage standing without using any of those things.

Cool. I guess we will just have to see bro.....I like Shogun, so don't get me wrong....I also saw him lose to Sobral, there are holes...I was really trying to say that Machida is good at finding your weakness....TKO, submission, Judges D, I was just saying I think Machida will win IMO...

Pages: [1] 2 3

[View Full Version of this Page]