MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Chute Boxe leader confirms “courtship" of Wand and the UFC   [View Full Version]
Canadian_MM_EH » Posted 5/11/07 1:52:00AM

Rudimar carries Pan-Am torch Founder of Chute Boxe academy, Master Rudimar Fedrigo was one of the personalities chosen to carry the Pan-American torch when the Pan Rio-2007 flame passed through Curitiba. "Rudimar is an entrepreneurial example, besides being a very important person for sports in the state of Parana,” stated the secretary of Sports of Parana, RIcardo Gomyde, in a report on the official Chute Boxe site. "Chute Boxe became a reference worldwide for producing first-rate fighters, instilling discipline and dedication to sport,” Gomyde adds.

“I was called up at the last minute, and it was a very gratifying experience to represent the martial arts at this party, I am thankful to secretary Gomyde,” Fedrigo comments to GRACIEMAG.com. The Pan-American torch was carried through Curitiba last Tuesday, the 3rd, by 82 people, both celebrities and athletes. The flame arrived in Rio de Janeiro today.

Rudimar also commented on Chute Boxe's busy schedule, the "courtship" between the starts of the team and the UFC and the probability of a showdown between Wanderlei and Chuck Liddell. “How can I say it? The UFC is courting Wanderlei. And Dana White certainly always wanted this fight to happen, so I believe negotiations are going well. And Shogun is also involved in this courtship," laughs Fedrigo. "Wanderlei is training with enthusiasm, as though he were to fight tomorrow, and he as a symbol motivates the other athletes a lot in the gym, which is getting a busy schedule: Master Rafael travels tomorrow with the fighter Fabio Silva, who will be our newest fighter in K-1 Hero's, with which we have established a nice partnership. What's more, we are preparing the Storm tournament that starts on July 28, which will reward the best of the 16 people called up with a brand new car with a full tank of gas. And we are working on putting on the biggest Jiu-Jitsu GP Brazil has ever seen, with 4 thousand reais prizes and two weight categories, in the famouse Arame Opera house, in Curitiba, in the middle of August or September," he concludes.

LINK

meier » Posted 1/15/07 6:25:00PM

can someone dissect this for me?

MeanGreene » Posted 1/15/07 8:34:00PM

I can not wait to see silva and chuck fight!!!! Chute Boxe is going to add a lot of excitement to the UFC! Who do u think Shogun will fight first?

Canadian_MM_EH » Posted 5/11/07 1:52:00AM

Posted by MeanGreene

I can not wait to see silva and chuck fight!!!! Chute Boxe is going to add a lot of excitement to the UFC! Who do u think Shogun will fight first?

People are saying Machida, and i think it would be a good fight, but i would rather see Mauricio fight an American or a Canadian

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

I would love to see Lidell & Silva fight!

Two or three years ago I would say without a doubt Silva would have taken this fight but i'm not so sure now.He seems to be at a crossroads and this could be the fight that seals his legacy as a fighter.I think if Liddel were to come out and knock Silva out,it wouldn't real take away Silva's legitamacy as a fighter and vice versa,but these two guys represented total dominance for the light heavy weight division for several years.Anything less than a big KO wouldn't make the fight convincing for me.I think while any fight is important to a fighter,I think when it comes to the sport as a whole,Silva has more to loose in this fight.While Pride Fighters are starting to recive more main stream publicity,Silva still represents something 'Hardcore' about the sport that,in my opinion,Chuck doesn't.

Now on the other hand we have Chucl Lidell.State side he is way more popular than Silva.Chuck has a hell of a lot more to loose in America than Silva does.If Silva comes out and looses to Chuck,the majority of 17 year old TUF fans aren't going to think too much about it.However,If Wanderlei gets the advantage this could have a huge impact on Chucks reputation as a world class fighter to the casual viewer of the UFC.It will defenently be an interesting fight for the sport of MMA.

Two fighers from different parts of the globe square off after both their respected championship reigns are over to see who realy was the best.

Sounds like a good movie.

ultimateweapon » Posted 3/19/07 4:57:00PM

That's true and if chuck loses I don't know who he would fight next. But chute boxe in the UFC would certainly shake things up a bit. I mean after the Henderson vs Rampage fight. If shogun whens he'll probably get a title shot and I wonder If shogun is champ and wanderlei dominates everyone he fights if Shogun and wanderlei will fight each other for the title. Cause that would be pretty weird.

MeanGreene » Posted 1/15/07 8:34:00PM

The next year in UFC is going to rock!!!! I can not wait to see all of these fights. I wish for an open weight UFC tourny...id pay for that!

NME » Posted 2/5/07 11:28:00PM

Posted by ultimateweapon
If shogun whens he'll probably get a title shot and I wonder If shogun is champ and wanderlei dominates everyone he fights if Shogun and wanderlei will fight each other for the title.

Cause that would be pretty weird.

You say that, and I understand where you're coming from, but you know what's really weird to me? Friends not wanting to make money hand over first by competing against one another in their profession of choice. The example here, Shogun v. Silva, would be huge, especially with the UFC hype machine behind it. Not only would two friends be doing battle for the first time, but it would be the first ever battle between two of the great champions at 205lbs. in the history of the sport (if we follow your scenario). And to think that such an epic showdown would not occur because the two would-be competitors are friendly outside of the cage/ring is confusing and, to me, frustrating.

To me, if you're a professional fighter, you go in there and act like a professional (i.e. you fight to the best of your abilties) regardless of whether or not you are buddies with your opponent outside of the cage/ring. If two guys can build up a rivalry going into a fight and hug each other after a fight and say how much they respect each other, then surely two people who have a great respect for one another before any action takes place can compete in a professional manner.

No one is paying to not see people fight. The "F" in UFC does not stand for "Friends." Fight, get a big pay day, and if they are that good of buddies, they can buy houses next to each other and have cook outs together when they aren't in training.

silverbullet » Posted 5/28/07 3:41:00PM

Posted by NME

Posted by ultimateweapon
If shogun whens he'll probably get a title shot and I wonder If shogun is champ and wanderlei dominates everyone he fights if Shogun and wanderlei will fight each other for the title.

Cause that would be pretty weird.

You say that, and I understand where you're coming from, but you know what's really weird to me? Friends not wanting to make money hand over first by competing against one another in their profession of choice. The example here, Shogun v. Silva, would be huge, especially with the UFC hype machine behind it. Not only would two friends be doing battle for the first time, but it would be the first ever battle between two of the great champions at 205lbs. in the history of the sport (if we follow your scenario). And to think that such an epic showdown would not occur because the two would-be competitors are friendly outside of the cage/ring is confusing and, to me, frustrating.

To me, if you're a professional fighter, you go in there and act like a professional (i.e. you fight to the best of your abilties) regardless of whether or not you are buddies with your opponent outside of the cage/ring. If two guys can build up a rivalry going into a fight and hug each other after a fight and say how much they respect each other, then surely two people who have a great respect for one another before any action takes place can compete in a professional manner.

No one is paying to not see people fight. The "F" in UFC does not stand for "Friends." Fight, get a big pay day, and if they are that good of buddies, they can buy houses next to each other and have cook outs together when they aren't in training.

werd

TOMMYAYO05 » Posted 6/27/07 5:26:00PM

If chuck loses he needs to walk away he is what 38 and if he goes on a losing streak he is done.

coldindian » Posted 7/6/07 5:00:00PM

shogun is fighting Forrest Griffin at UFC 76

[View Full Version of this Page]