MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Diaz vs McGregor rematch targeted for UFC 200   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 2 [3]
nirvana184 » Posted 4/21/12 5:16:00PM

Posted by danielzimmy

Posted by nirvana184

This rematch makes absolutely no sense. Why aren't they making Conor defend the belt? I thought that the Frankie matchup was the obvious fight to make at UFC 200 and having McGregor face Diaz again would only halt the featherweight division.

I already don't like immediate rematches but this one is especially rediculous. Edgar is the clear number one contender yet he keeps getting denied the shot.

Why do you think that is?

It's because Dana knows that Edgar is the worst possible stylistic matchup for McGregor and he knows Mcgregor will get slaughtered.

It's clear why they're keeping Conor away from Edgar but they can't keep avoiding the matchup. It's annoying because McGregor has the belt yet he hasn't had to defend it, even though Frankie is the obvious contender.

ufcboss » Posted 6/22/07 2:47:00AM

"Dana this time I will lay off the coke and actually train.."

CaseyJones » Posted 1/18/13 6:15:00AM

This is absurd

JLS » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

Edgar, Aldo and RDA all have the right to be pissed really.

I guess RDA could fight Alvarez while Ferguson/Khabib settle their score and maybe they can do Aldo/Holloway and Edgar/Lamas or something along those lines.

40ouncetpkid » Posted 5/3/11 12:43:00AM

UFC 200 is suppose to be equvilent to the superbowl. They are literally retarded. They could of done anything and it would of been better then this.

Like seriously. They were handed on a silver plate an amazing card with Dos Anjos vs Diaz, McGregor vs Edgar and you could of let the winners fight afterwards.

I'm so sick of this shit. I don't even wanna watch it

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

It's possible Zuffa is just testing the waters to gauge fan interest. They do that from time to time prior to officially announcing matches. Time will tell.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Diego sanchez vs joe lauzon is pretty much a done deal for 200

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

Not that it needs to be said again, but this match up is terrible. Conor should be defending his belt.

McGregor vs Edgar is the fight imo.

Their first fight at UFC 196 was late replacement. This time there's no excuse, just terrible match making.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Ugh.

I probably won't watch if this is the case. My sixty bucks won't be missed, because I'm sure millions of "fans" who only know like 2 names will tune in to see the revenge of the smack talking Irishman.

I feel like they're killing this sport.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

[View Full Version of this Page]