MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Manny Gamburyan Confirms Shoulder Dislocation   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
MrLehman » Posted 5/19/07 2:32:00PM

The injury that forced Manny Gamburyan (5-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) to submit in last night’s championship fight in The Ultimate Fighter 5 Finale was, in fact, a dislocated shoulder.

That’s the word from Gamburyan, who made the announcement in a post-fight interview.

LINK

Mattyc » Posted 6/24/07 1:27:00PM

Ya you could see it when they showed the reply, his arm was twisted. Its too bad it had to end like that, i thought Nate would've pulled off a sub victory eventually though. im just wondering how this will affect Manny's future, this has shown a weakness in him and i am wondering if future opponents will target this.

Sam_Rothstein » Posted 3/21/07 1:52:00AM

really sucks i think he would of won the fight

would of been a perfect event for me had i not bet on him

oh well shit happens and he will be back to lay some whoopin

mma_fan_matt » Posted 2/8/07 11:59:00PM

Really sucks but we'll see him again. Can't wait either.

KingKash » Posted 6/13/07 12:25:00AM

With the fight that Manny did put together, Dana will have him back on another card when his shoulder is better and then we will be able to watch him move up the rankings, hopfully, in the lightweight devision.

blowe1983 » Posted 6/21/07 9:03:00PM

manny definately wouldve won. Im not taking anything away from diaz but Hill was taking it to him before he got submitted. Manny was and wouldve been to much for diaz. Plus manny ground game is fairly good. It's a shame he had that fight going his way

KillaMed87 » Posted 6/1/07 11:53:00PM

dude manny would have won that fight, im soooooo pissed. I honestly dont think nate is that good

no i think diaz is good. but i think manny is slightly better and more well rounded. diaz is extremely young and now that hes in the ufc he should be extremely good in 5years. I do think people underestimate manny though, that guy is a beast it just sucks that he has that injury

look out for lauzon though. that guy is a manimal if he would get serious about training hed be a title contender within two years

Iceman1313 » Posted 6/21/07 2:54:00PM

Ya i think manny would have taken that fight. he just throws people to the ground then doesnt stop with the attacks.

tapoutking28 » Posted 4/10/07 5:38:00PM

I agree with you but the fact is that a fight is a fight and anything can happen and if it was a street fight their would not have been a ref there to stop it and Diaz would have kept pounding on his head. I think that if the injury had not happened it would have gone all three rounds and Diaz would have submitted him in the third. IMO

Rush » Posted 1/31/07 10:42:00PM

Manny's shoulder will forever be a problem in his MMA career. The more he dislocates it the easier it will pop out the next time.

Ydoc » Posted 2/2/07 9:39:00AM

While I feel for Manny I can't keep but thinking how awful this is in a business stand point. Manny beats Wiman and Lauzon, tarnishing them in the process, wins his way to Diaz who he dominates in the first round only to reinjure his shoulder in the second without even a sub done by Diaz.

4 Negatives for the UFC: Two fighters with fresh in the mind loses, Manny who will be out for a long time, and a TUF champ who didn't earn it. This is the worst possible way all of this could have turned out.

Sam_Rothstein » Posted 3/21/07 1:52:00AM

Posted by tapoutking28

I agree with you but the fact is that a fight is a fight and anything can happen and if it was a street fight their would not have been a ref there to stop it and Diaz would have kept pounding on his head.

well i guess that makes sense but then again if it was a street fight manvel wouldnt of had to let go of the front headlock he had at the end of round 1

well that and they could just use weapons too, no ref just guns and knives baby

if thats the case i take manvel with a box cutter 8 minutes into it

nastshabast » Posted 5/24/07 1:04:00AM

he's f'd unless he gets surgery which sucks cause he's a good fighter for sure.........probably won't see him for a year

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]