MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > General MMA Talk
shogun vs. overeem rematch   [View Full Version]
gspfan31 » Posted 1/25/07 12:56:00AM

i see it going the same way it did the first time

what do you think?

hippysmacker » Posted 1/15/07 9:10:00PM

I think Overeem has lost to every top guy he's fought but Kharatonov(injury) for the last year and a half. I will bet he's gonna lose if anyone wants to wager $100.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

loller90278 » Posted 1/16/07 3:05:00PM

i hate shogun.
i hope overeem wins via guillotine

thelastking » Posted 1/25/07 7:55:00PM

Shogun would beat overeem again, overeem has not improved enough

slammadowg » Posted 1/27/07 3:42:00PM

Shogun by Spinning Roundhouse.

Svartorm » Posted 1/24/07 8:41:00PM

If they fought as heavyweights, Overeem would take it, but as middleweight in Pride, Overeem has to cut too much weight. Hes a HUGE 205er, being 6'5" and muscular, and I think thats why he gasses so early. In a rematch at the same weight, I can see it being about 50/50, only because Shoguns last fight was a bit weak. I liked the first fight though, so I'd be interested in seeing this.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

hippysmacker » Posted 1/15/07 9:10:00PM

Posted by Svartorm

If they fought as heavyweights, Overeem would take it, but as middleweight in Pride, Overeem has to cut too much weight. Hes a HUGE 205er, being 6'5" and muscular, and I think thats why he gasses so early. In a rematch at the same weight, I can see it being about 50/50, only because Shoguns last fight was a bit weak. I liked the first fight though, so I'd be interested in seeing this.

I agree he should have stayed at heavy weight, but I still think Shogun takes it.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Stickan » Posted 1/27/07 8:02:00AM

shogun by sub late in the first.

Jeffanori-Gomi » Posted 1/24/07 3:29:00PM

Posted by Stickan

shogun by sub late in the first.

Overeem is good and young also, He needs to step it up a little to get past the gate keeper status

Reignofterror » Posted 1/28/07 12:37:00AM

Fight of the night!!

Savy » Posted 1/15/07 4:58:00PM

theres no reason to doubt shogun. he's been on a tear the past 2 years, with his only loss being a fluke broken arm against mark coleman. meanwhile, hes beaten the likes of: gono, rampage, lil nog, overeem, arona, randleman and nakamura. thats a pretty impressive list. and like someone stated earlier, overeem loses to every top tier opponent that he faces.

madmarck » Posted 1/24/07 5:55:00PM

Overeem by KO less than 5 minutes in. Thats right he is gonna stop the almigthy shogun.

[View Full Version of this Page]