MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Shamrock Returns with Domination of Baroni   [View Full Version]
aznteabagger » Posted 4/7/07 6:25:00PM

SAN JOSE, Calif., Jun 22 -- Frank Juarez Shamrock (Pictures) will party in the Silicon Valley tonight like it was 1999.

For the first time since stepping away from the Ultimate Fighting Championship, Shamrock reminded old fans what he had and introduced himself to a new generation by sparking memories and planting in minds that he was, in fact, once considered the best mixed martial artist on the planet.

LINK

rcg916 » Posted 3/20/07 3:54:00PM

Hardly domination. Shamrock needs to quit while he's ahead, hes looking pretty bad these days. (not physically, fight wise)

MrGreeny » Posted 2/3/07 6:06:00PM

I expect Shamrock - Baroni II to be called "Crippled old men fighting" or "Clash of the injured"

aznteabagger » Posted 4/7/07 6:25:00PM

baroni DQ (running over downed opponent with wheelchair)

Posted by aznteabagger

baroni DQ (running over downed opponent with wheelchair)

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

Baroni blew out his groin?

These guys are either to old and out of shape or they both are whiners.

Posted by ncordless

Baroni blew out his groin?

These guys are either to old and out of shape or they both are whiners.

I vote both!

spider1179 » Posted 6/21/07 11:51:00AM

I wish I could win a belt by beating a guy past his prime and not ranked in the top 30-40.

The_hungry_lumberjack » Posted 4/17/07 6:14:00PM

Since when does being in your early thirties have anything do do with being competitive? Randy Cotoure is mid 40's and hes Champion. Give Frank another year and I guarentee he will be top class again. All that stands in his way is some cardio and a torn ACL and torn MCL.

CincySaint » Posted 1/16/07 9:27:00AM

Old or not if you guys didn't enjoy that fight you need to stop watching. That was one of the most comical and exciting fights I have seen in a while. Shamrock straight up told baroni that he was going to put him to sleep. Pointed, put his hands to his head in the sleeping pose, and proceeded to drop Baroni thereafter. The fight could have been stopped there, but I am glad they kept going, because then we got to see Baroni land a fe wbombs on Frankie. I admit these guys aren't at the top of their game any more, but it was entertainig, and coming after that Cung Le demonstration in the earlier fight how can we ask for anything more?

Metafour » Posted 6/21/07 3:43:00PM

Shamrock did look pretty dominate in that fight with Phil but he looked and sounded worse for wear in the post fight interview. I would like to see him have one more fight with a big name in the middleweight division before he retires.

Sam_Rothstein » Posted 3/21/07 1:52:00AM

im not sure if it was the fact that phil baroni is garbage or what but shamrock actually looked pretty good in that fight

completely destroyed baroni on stand up which i didnt see happening

looked 100x better then vs renzo gracie

but then again it could just be cause it was phil baroni

[View Full Version of this Page]