MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Sokoudjou Signs with Elite XC(damn)   [View Full Version]
babalu2720 » Posted 2/1/07 8:55:00PM

Josh Gross at Sherdog.com is reporting that highly sought after Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou has agreed to terms on a four-fight contract with EliteXC.

Sokoudjou made a quick name for himself in PrideFC with first round knockout victories over Antonio Rogerio Nogueira and Ricardo Arona. Sokoudjou, who has a strong Judo background, is looked at as one of the rising stars in the light heavyweight division.

Reports out of Sokoudjou’s camp were that the UFC also made an offer, but was way below the dollar value they were looking for.

http://www.mmahq.com/2007/06/22/sokoudjou-signs-with-elitexc/

mmadb » Posted 1/17/07 11:21:00AM

Good for him and Elite XC.

spider1179 » Posted 6/21/07 11:51:00AM

It's a shame we won't see him in the UFC in the near future. I hope he wins all four of those fights and then comes to join what is becomming an extremely stacked division.

thepunisher » Posted 2/2/07 11:42:00AM

I really don't like that guy

i hope he loses all his fights

rcg916 » Posted 3/20/07 3:54:00PM

Posted by thepunisher

I really don't like that guy

i hope he loses all his fights

FIGHTER BASHING! BAN!

Just kidding.

I want to say let me know when he fights someone worthwhile... but... he did that. I guess I just have no opinion yet. Seems like a nice enough guy though...

I hope he drops the jungle gimmick though. He'll find that American fans dont have as much respect for the Japanese way of giving fighters gimmicks to appeal to the fans. I like it though, but Ive always been into Japanese pro wrestling and the like... I could see how others wouldnt like the pageantry as much.

thepunisher » Posted 2/2/07 11:42:00AM

the thing that really started bugging me about him was after he beat Lil Nog he started saying how good he. Was ok you beat a top 5 LHW, then he beat Arona another top 10 LHW. after that he seem to think he was on Level with Shogun or Chuck and deserved to get paid like them

Arona was not a 100% when the fought he had Denage fever or something(I know Arona is the king of excuses). the punch that KOed Lil Nog was nice right on the jaw but i say 9 out of 10 times Lil nog kills him

Porch28 » Posted 2/11/07 3:08:00PM

FACK!!!!

Signal2112 » Posted 5/31/07 6:49:00AM

I wish him all the best. May his future opponents not catch Denghi fever.

jdubs » Posted 2/26/07 10:45:00PM

great, elite xc is growing into a premire organization... i am looking foward to them signing more great fighters., cant wait for baroni vs. shamrock!!!

babalu2720 » Posted 2/1/07 8:55:00PM

Posted by jdubs

great, elite xc is growing into a premire organization... i am looking foward to them signing more great fighters., cant wait for baroni vs. shamrock!!!

Man i'm sorry but i cant see Elite XC ever seriously opposing the UFC. There are too many different orgs popping up everywhere. The only org that would rival the UFC is if Elite and Bodog joined forces

Primo » Posted 5/26/07 5:33:00PM

Elite XC's event this weekend is way better then TUF...I realize Elite's is PPV but they have showtime so they are on a different level then UFC in terms of cable deals....this news was already reported by that big guy....Soko has a glass jaw and if he gets popped will get knocked outl

[View Full Version of this Page]