MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Bas Rutten Says Kimbo is a Great Fighter   [View Full Version]
disorderlyvision » Posted 2/22/07 12:49:00PM

link

Bas Rutten, posting at the Sherdog Forums, says Kimbo is one of the hardest-working fighters he's seen:

OK guys, I have to say something here.

I am training Kimbo right now, and I have to say that he is one of the BEST fighters I have EVER trained. He really listens to you and does what you say, do you know how hard that it? If he's dead tired, and I tell him five more rounds, he looks at me, but doesn't say anything, he just does it.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Bas has spoken.

JimiMak » Posted 1/24/07 9:31:00PM

Surprising, but it has me more interested than before. Bas is the man.

iwin » Posted 4/25/07 7:35:00PM

That's cool, it's fun to hear about him because....it's just kimbo

Mayo » Posted 1/25/07 1:57:00PM

Bas says "I wouldn't train an As@#$hole". But Kimbo IS an As@#$hole. Look how when his streetfight opponents give up and beg for mercy he still goes after them because he needs to "finish" the fight - which to him means nothing but a hard KO. If a guy verbally taps out and you don't respect that, then you are an As@#$hole!

Rush » Posted 1/31/07 10:42:00PM

Bas just described me and the way I train. Does that mean I'm one of the BEST fighters around? I think not....

unchillphil » Posted 1/30/07 2:33:00AM

Posted by Rush

Bas just described me and the way I train. Does that mean I'm one of the BEST fighters around? I think not....

If you're the real Rush, then I think yeah.

Primo » Posted 5/26/07 5:33:00PM

Posted by Mayo

Bas says "I wouldn't train an As@#$hole". But Kimbo IS an As@#$hole. Look how when his streetfight opponents give up and beg for mercy he still goes after them because he needs to "finish" the fight - which to him means nothing but a hard KO. If a guy verbally taps out and you don't respect that, then you are an As@#$hole!

I know...it was hilarious watching Kimbo get destroyed by that huge white guy. He got the shit beat out of him BAD.

JimiMak » Posted 1/24/07 9:31:00PM

Posted by Mayo

Have you evr seen Kimbo fight? Not only does he obey a verbal tap, as well as there are no ground attacks (all stand up boxing), but he'll give a guy another chance. If he's already won his money when a guy gives, he'll give the guy a minute to recover, and be like "so you really done?" or give a friend a chance to step in for him. He doesn't screw with ppl's money. Other than that, I don't see any reasons on his vids to assume he is a bad guy, he just makes his money in a bad way.

[View Full Version of this Page]