MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Hector Lombard calls out Carlos Condit, would settle for Martin Kampmann   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Not long after getting called out by Matt Brown, Carlos Condit finds himself answering the call of another hard-hitting welterweight.

Link

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Jake Ellenberger would be sweet as well. Kamp doesn't do well when rushed but I think Burger and Conit both beat Lombard

quezocrema0032 » Posted 7/15/07 12:46:00AM

Lombard is a bad style match up for Condit, especially in a 3 round fight. I think Condit has one of the best chins in the sport but Lombard would certainly test that chin, and could be the first to KO Carlos. Plus if condit uses his reach and more diverse stand up on lombard and starts beating him on the feet, Hector could switch things up and take him down since Condit's take down D is still very average at best. Lombard did that to Schlemenko so I know he has it in his arsenal, as a big fan of both Condit and Lombard I'd love to see this fight.

As far as Kampman goes, I want to see him fight someone not as dangerous to rebound. He has taken a lot of damage of late, if the UFC wants him to fight someone very good and near the top to rebound I say match him vs Kim. Kim isn't as much of a threat to KO Kampman.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Of course he would call out Kampmann. That has quick ko of the night written all over it.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

Too many people wrote off Hector as a Bellator bust. I think he'll tear a hole through the WW class just like Hendricks did. He has crazy power and a great judo base.

I personally want to see him fight Rory Mac or the Immortal.

Webbie » Posted 9/22/07 11:16:00AM

I'd like to see Lombard fight Hendricks after GSP destroys him.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I still think if Lawler loses
He faces Lombard
Or maybe thiago alves

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

GSP's reign is coming to an end.

Lungsofsteel » Posted 7/6/12 5:14:00PM

Good fight

RhythmAndStyle » Posted 1/25/08 3:12:00PM

u never know what u get with Kampmann..Alves would be fun..hell for the fuck of it..fantasy match of Semtex vs Lombard would be fireworks..

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

GSP's reign is coming to an end.

I'll AV bet ya on it.

jlock003 » Posted 9/18/07 5:33:00PM

I thought Lombard looked great against Nate, but I'm not on the train yet. I think Condit would basically do exactly what Boetsch did to him but worse and I don't want to see Kampmann against another heavy blitz striker. The Ellenberger fight could be cool to watch. I like him at 170 but not sure where he fits into the picture yet. A condit call out is pretty ballsy.

LightsOUT23 » Posted 12/26/11 6:25:00PM

I wanna see Lombard fight Ellenberger. That would be testing ground and career defining for both fighters.

40ouncetpkid » Posted 5/3/11 12:43:00AM

Posted by quezocrema0032

Lombard is a bad style match up for Condit, especially in a 3 round fight. I think Condit has one of the best chins in the sport but Lombard would certainly test that chin, and could be the first to KO Carlos. Plus if condit uses his reach and more diverse stand up on lombard and starts beating him on the feet, Hector could switch things up and take him down since Condit's take down D is still very average at best. Lombard did that to Schlemenko so I know he has it in his arsenal, as a big fan of both Condit and Lombard I'd love to see this fight.

As far as Kampman goes, I want to see him fight someone not as dangerous to rebound. He has taken a lot of damage of late, if the UFC wants him to fight someone very good and near the top to rebound I say match him vs Kim. Kim isn't as much of a threat to KO Kampman.

This. I love Kampman and want to see him win a fight or two before seeing him against a huge puncher again. Kim eould be a great fight him to get some confidence back.

Lombard definitely should bring his judo back. Being a Mike Tyson like bomber will only get you so far. Him vs Condit is a freakin war and a half. If Lombard stepped his judo game back up thats a 50/50 fight and the fight gets that much more sicker!

[View Full Version of this Page]