MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Alexander Gustafsson vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira set for March 8 in London   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

With an immediate rematch against UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones not in the cards, Alexander Gustafsson instead will fight Antonio Rogerio Nogueira in his next bout.

Link

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Gus should have this fight on lock!

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Honestly, a pretty disappointing matchup imo.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Posted by Budgellism

Honestly, a pretty disappointing matchup imo.

I dont mind it for Gustafsson's first fight after the title fight loss.

VILLIN » Posted 12/13/09 6:42:00AM

Would've been more interesting if it was the Lil Nog of 6-7 years ago but time catches up with everyone and Gustafson should handle diet Nog very easily these days.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Pretty much Cormier vs Davis now at
UFC 169 or 170

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

I like the fight, Rogerio has all the tools to win this fight, but Gustaffson will be the guy to get the takedowns and knockdowns and that will be the difference.

isk » Posted 12/5/07 12:38:00PM

Gus by extended beating.

Minotoro's in a weird place, similar to Rashad - good enough to beat most of the guys in the division, but not exactly a credible threat to the champion or the top top guys. Since he's riding a win streak over some names, it's either this or a filler fight against a mid-range guy like Jimmo, Maldonado, or Pokrajac.

In general, I think Gus will outrange and outperform Minotoro, particularly in the counter department. If Minotoro throws the same slapping, ineffective body kicks he did against Rashad, he's just asking for the counter right.

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

Lil Nog boxes him up, I hope Vegas writes Lil Nog off like most people are.

WAR LIL NOG

Webbie » Posted 9/22/07 11:16:00AM

Posted by frizzzlecake

Lil Nog boxes him up, I hope Vegas writes Lil Nog off like most people are.

WAR LIL NOG

I hope you're right, but I'm expecting Gus to deliver a beatdown.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

good opponent for Gus to get a win and get that title rematch to win the title again

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

BigBadAl » Posted 6/18/09 8:26:00AM

Are the UFC trying to help Gus get another win or two back to a title shot?

[View Full Version of this Page]