MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Mike Pierce on Rousimar Palhares: 'This guy is definitely a cheat'   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

UFC Welterweight Pierce doesn't hold back when asked for his thoughts on his UFC Fight Night 29 opponent.

Link

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

After this fight he's going to be an out of work "asshole"

machodog76 » Posted 6/26/07 10:37:00PM

More importantly Paul Harris at welterweight? is he going to cut off a leg?

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

Posted by machodog76

I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if Pierce was missing a leg after saying that.

OnyxShadow » Posted 1/22/08 3:28:00PM

Posted by machodog76

He's 5'8". All he has to do is stop lifting so much, diet properly, and cut some weight.

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by machodog76

I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if Pierce was missing a leg after saying that.

I think I'll take Pierce on this one. I think Rousimar will kill himself with the wieght cut and Pierce will KO him in the 2nd.BTW Nice AV the Packers always get deep penetration in the backfield.

Posted by OnyxShadow

Posted by machodog76

He's 5'8". All he has to do is stop lifting so much, diet properly, and cut some weight.

We shall see. I think he will just dehydrate himself to oblivion. But I do agree proper diet and the right kind of exercise is the way to lose weight.

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

Pierce is a heavy hitter who arguably won his fights with Koscheck and Hendricks and his wrestlings enough to keep this on on the feet where he'll pound out Rousimar. Im surprised with the betting lines on the playground here as Pierce is going to make me some MONEY!

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

I somewhat agree with Pierce, especially the part about holding submissions.

That's just a douche thing to do and is absolutely against the BJJ mindset. You should never be trying to hurt your opponent unnecessarily.

Maia had it right when he said that the ultimate goal of BJJ was to defeat your opponent without doing them any harm. I believe he was the one who said the best fight is one where he can take a guy down and submit him without throwing a single strike.

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

Posted by machodog76

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by machodog76

I think I'll take Pierce on this one. I think Rousimar will kill himself with the wieght cut and Pierce will KO him in the 2nd.BTW Nice AV the Packers always get deep penetration in the backfield.

I hope you're right because Pierce is my weakest link in my parlay.

xdanish020 » Posted 9/22/08 2:18:00AM

Posted by OnyxShadow

Posted by machodog76

I've been saying this for years about him.

decken » Posted 8/20/07 11:53:00AM

Posted by xdanish020

Posted by OnyxShadow

Posted by machodog76

I've been saying this for years about him.

I don't see him doing any better at welterweight than he did at middleweight. I have yet to see a fighter significantly improve from dropping down a weight class. I think many fighters incorrectly see it as a cure for lack of skill and athleticism.

OnyxShadow » Posted 1/22/08 3:28:00PM

Posted by decken

I don't see him doing any better at welterweight than he did at middleweight. I have yet to see a fighter significantly improve from dropping down a weight class. I think many fighters incorrectly see it as a cure for lack of skill and athleticism.

Several fighters have had FAR more success after dropping down a weight class: Demian Maia, TJ Grant, Demetrious Johnson, Nick Lentz, Dennis Siver, etc.

Granted, a fighter that just isn't all that skilled won't suddenly be a contender just by fighting guys that are 15 pounds lighter. However, guys that are solid but are just getting somewhat overpowered by larger fighters can get an edge this way.

aussiemma » Posted 1/27/12 10:34:00PM

I reckon he will struggle with the weight cut as well, it's not like he has any fat on him at mw, he's going to have to cut down on a lot of muscle and that means less strength and possibly less stamina.

RhythmAndStyle » Posted 1/25/08 3:12:00PM

Pierce has alot of shit to say, but he has YET to beat a top opponent and plus Seth made him look like shit!..i woulda took Alves over Pierce if it happened..and i'll take Palhares in this one too..Pierce isnt that great of a wrestler and Palahares has very good TD attempts..

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]