MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Dana White on Chael Sonnen's Fox Sports Live domestic violence joke: 'He's got to knock that s**t off'   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Chael Sonnen's joke about Rihanna being the victim of domestic violence first fell flat with Fox -- who had to issue an apology -- and now has Dana White telling Chael to 'knock that s**t off.'

Link

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Dana is one to tell people to choose their words carefully?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Chael is to HILARIOUS as Uncle Dana is to FAT.

Yo Dana, I will stop being funny if you put down the chicken tenders.....and Ronda.....

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

I love articles when they talk about something, but not have a clip or a word for word quote. Maybe there trying to bait me into getting FS1?

Dana White said it's not funny, so it must be true.

UFC_Fanatic » Posted 10/2/08 10:22:00AM

I didn't think it was that bad. I know I have a reputation amongst my friends and at work as someone who, like Kevin Smith in his movies, has a nothing is sacred attitude with my jokes, and I can say with 100% certainty that I've said worse. Hell, Daniel Tosh has done worse than that in his stand up act, yet Sonnen gets crap about that joke? Maybe it's just because I'm not easily offended, but I don't think it's that big a deal. It happened something like 2+ years ago, who cares? The only angle where I see this as being worthy of note is where the ignorant haters of mma try and use that as an example of how all mma fighters are classless barbarians, which, lets be honest, some of them will do; but I still think people are over reacting.

Hopefully I don't come off as insensitive with this post, I'm just of the opinion that it wasn't that bad.

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

That is just hilarious

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Brb, time to make business decisions with mike tyson

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Dana always has to have a opinion on something

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Dana..... Stfu...

jlock003 » Posted 9/18/07 5:33:00PM

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

I didn't think it was that bad. I know I have a reputation amongst my friends and at work as someone who, like Kevin Smith in his movies, has a nothing is sacred attitude with my jokes, and I can say with 100% certainty that I've said worse. Hell, Daniel Tosh has done worse than that in his stand up act, yet Sonnen gets crap about that joke? Maybe it's just because I'm not easily offended, but I don't think it's that big a deal. It happened something like 2+ years ago, who cares? The only angle where I see this as being worthy of note is where the ignorant haters of mma try and use that as an example of how all mma fighters are classless barbarians, which, lets be honest, some of them will do; but I still think people are over reacting.

Hopefully I don't come off as insensitive with this post, I'm just of the opinion that it wasn't that bad.

It's definitely not just you who has the sense of humor. I started laughing when you mentioned Daniel Tosh doing worse because the first thing I thought was, "Hell family guy has done worse...the Cleveland show....American Dad...." and then it dawned on me that every last one of those shows is a FOX show. It's interesting that PC mandates don't extend to cartoons. I agree with you entirely. Domestic violence clearly isn't okay but considering the way that situation was handled and the way those two individuals have constantly thrown their, on again off again, relationship back into all of our faces I didn't feel like it was out of line.

goheels » Posted 7/6/12 11:31:00AM

... and Chael taking shots at the entire country of Brazil as well as Silva's wife is acceptable? You didn't have a problem with that (as it made you money) years ago, but this you have a problem with?

Dana, STFU you hypocrite.

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

If irony were made of strawberries we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

I'm actually surprised Chael hasn't been sued for defamation yet.

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

I'm with Dana here. If you're doing a podcast or if you're online on your own channel or radio, then you have all the freedom to voice whatever it is on your mind. However, if you're on a company's time and stage, you better behave accordingly. Chael seems to think rules don't apply to him. It's getting old.

When Dana talks shit about other people, it is on his time and stage. Big difference.

tepid55 » Posted 2/4/07 2:11:00PM

I'm with Dana 100% here, I'm surprised he hasn't cut Sonnen already.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]