MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Anthony Pettis vs. Josh Thomson booked for UFC on FOX 9 headliner   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Webbie » Posted 9/22/07 11:16:00AM

T.J. Grant's loss will be Josh Thomson's gain.

With Grant medically unable to accept a planned title shot lightweight champ Anthony Pettis, Thomson will step in to challenge for the belt.

Link

I like this more than Pettis/Grant tbh, but I'd still rather see Aldo/Pettis.

Either way, works for me

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

can't wait for Thomson to smash him (hopefully)

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

I'm bummed that Grant wasn't cleared to fight but this is a pretty great replacement. This has potential to be FOTY.

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

Who the heck did TJ Grant spar with? Melvin Manhoef ? A baseball bat?

Fun fight though.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

I'll be cheering for The Punk

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Pettis could lose to a guy most casual fans have never heard of or only heard of but never seen fight.

isk » Posted 12/5/07 12:38:00PM

Love this fight. Great timing by Josh Thomson in not only looking fantastic against Nate Diaz, but in calling out Anthony Pettis before a belt was on the line.

Definitely unfortunate for TJ Grant in the short term, but I love that he's getting the proper screenings and prioritizing his health. He'll be back.

You guys are crazy. Pettis will wreck Thomson

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Pettis could lose to a guy most casual fans have never heard of or only heard of but never seen fight.

You talking about TJ Grant or Josh Thomson?

Dirty Blue

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

Thomson is overated at this point, but he's a tough smart Guy with a well rounded game so bring it

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Ah this blows, I feel bad for grant. I can't believe he still isn't cleared.
Pettis vs anyone is a good fight so I doubt this will disappoint but I'm definitely picking pettis.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Makes sense
Punk was closest for title shot after grant.

They could have delayed the title fight
Had dj fight benevides instead for main event.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Posted by Webbie

You guys are crazy. Pettis will wreck Thomson

I agree with my boy Webbie on this one Pettis is going to destroy Thompson. There isnt an area in mixed martial arts where I think that Josh is better. Maybe the wrestling but I dont think he will even attempt a takedown.

That being said I absolutely hate this match up. I was looking forward to Pettis vs Grant. Shit if we cant have the fight we were suppose to get then atleast give us the one we want. Aldo doesnt have an opponent or a venue to fight on yet.

WAR ALDO VS PETTIS

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

What happened to Nate Diaz fighting Pettis?

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]