MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Ben Askren calls out UFC 'roids coverup   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Ben Askren went to Twitter to talk both about Josh Barnett's PED use and the UFC's Countdown program not mentioning his positive drug test after beating Randy Couture.

Link

DeadHead988 » Posted 8/19/10 2:42:00PM

I don't like Askren, but I can't say he's wrong.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Anyone who has payed attention knows its common knowledge that he tested positive after the Couture fight.

Askren best keep his trap shut if he wants into the UFC. Talk all you want after you put pen to paper

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

The twitter beef is heating up. Barnett threaten to smash him when he sees him next and wouldn't you know it. Funky is cornering Pettis and will be in the same locker room as Barnett next UFC event.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Facts ARE facts...Barnett tested positive and Askrens chin is currently under investigation for HGH use

Webbie » Posted 9/22/07 11:16:00AM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

The twitter beef is heating up. Barnett threaten to smash him when he sees him next and wouldn't you know it. Funky is cornering Pettis and will be in the same locker room as Barnett next UFC event.

Askren by unanimous decision

I'm not a big Askren fan, but I can't fucking stand Barnett.

jay98107 » Posted 1/24/07 6:50:00PM

This just in : Askren forced to sign with organization you've never fucking heard of.

TheCatFather » Posted 3/1/07 12:36:00AM

Barnett Replies

Dberntson » Posted 6/16/09 12:09:00PM

Askren might be just trying to keep his name in the headlines hoping it will boost his bargaining power. Maybe trying to gain fans as a clean fighter crusading against dopers. He doesn't have a fight scheduled at the moment and wont be fighting for probably 6 months at the minimum. Neither the UFC nor Bellator are going to sell him hard unless he is under contract. So he needs to find someway to keep people talking about him.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

UFC may not want Ben now

warglory » Posted 2/4/07 2:44:00AM

Askren was a pup when that happened, so he has no business talking shit about this incident. I can understand if this was a ploy to set up a fight down the line, but there is no way these two will ever be able to fight.

Besides, when has a Countdown show ever exposed someone's weaknesses? That would be stupid of the UFC.

xdanish020 » Posted 9/22/08 2:18:00AM

I don't think Askren will have the same success he did in Bellator, in the UFC. Bellator has practically no wrestlers at Welterweight, the UFC has a bunch to choose from between, Ellenberger to Koscheck, Pierce, Hendricks and of course the champ GSP. I don't like his chances of staying undefeated in the UFC.

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

I cant believe the UFC would hide facts everyone already knows to promote a fight

rush13 » Posted 5/9/10 11:45:00PM

Posted by Webbie

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Askren by unanimous decision

I'm not a big Askren fan, but I can't fucking stand Barnett.

I'm the same way about Askren...I think he's quite possibly the most annoying/obnoxious fighter in MMA...even his smile is douchey lol

moob » Posted 2/24/07 2:39:00PM

Posted by prophecy033

Anyone who has payed attention knows its common knowledge that he tested positive after the Couture fight.

Askren best keep his trap shut if he wants into the UFC. Talk all you want after you put pen to paper

He's entitled to voice his opinion on it, like anyone should be. At least he has the balls to do it, unlike countless others who just keep it shut for fear of reprisals.

They need to do something serious about this before the sport loses more credibility.

Burying your head in the sand is not an option.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]