MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Ready for this? Rampage vs Roy Jones Jr Boxing PPV planned to go head to head with UFC 168   [View Full Version]
GDPofMPG » Posted 2/22/08 6:29:00PM

Viacom is expected to announce plans to go head-to-head with pay-per-view juggernaut Zuffa LLC and its UFC 168 offering at next week's Bellator 97 event on Spike TV.

An unveiling of Bellator fighter Quinton "Rampage" Jackson's plans with the promotion will likely include a pay-per-view boxing match with former multi-division boxing champ Roy Jones Jr., multiple sources close to the event today told MMAjunkie

Link....

Lungsofsteel » Posted 7/6/12 5:14:00PM

Rampage wont have it technically, and he'll come in all out of shape. Bob Sapp 2.0

warglory » Posted 2/4/07 2:44:00AM

There's no way Jones will mix it up in MMA. This will definitely be a boxing match.

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

This will be a humiliating KO loss for Rampage in a boxing match. If this even happens.

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

I predict a failure.
MMA = Rampage win, Boxing= Roy win.

Fans lose either way.

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

^I agree. I didn't even want to see Anderson Silva vs Roy Jones Jr let alone Rampage, come on.

Not to hate on the boxing fans on this site but boxers needto stick to boxing and mixed martial artists need to stick to their sport. My personal interest in boxing was long gone after my favorite boxer of All-Time, Mike Tyson got hungry in the ring and snacked on Holyfield's ear.

noahgenda » Posted 5/28/09 4:34:00PM

Posted by scoozna

I predict a failure.
MMA = Rampage win, Boxing= Roy win.

Fans lose either way.

When's the last time rampage went for a takedown or threw a kick? If Roy Jones was going to take on one person in mma rampage is prob the guy with the biggest name he would actually have a chance to beat. Only difference between the boxing and mma matches might end up being the size of the gloves

[View Full Version of this Page]