MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Dana White: No offer made to Nick Diaz   [View Full Version]
Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Don't get too excited about Nick Diaz's return to the UFC just yet.

A day after Cesar Gracie told BJPenn.com that UFC president Dana White had offered Diaz a return UFC fight, White told MMAFighting.com on Thursday the opposite.

"Nobody at the UFC talked to Gracie or anyone else that reps Nick," White wrote via text message.

In response to a text message asking who the UFC offered Diaz, Gracie told MMAFighting.com Wednesday night, "Can't tell you."

Diaz said he was leaving MMA after his March loss to Georges St-Pierre, unless he was offered a rematch against St-Pierre or a fight against Anderson Silva. However, White said earlier this month following UFC 162 that Diaz has leaning towards returning to the UFC.

The 29-year-old Diaz (26-9, 1 NC) is 1-2 since returning to the UFC in 2011.

LINK

icantthinkofanything » Posted 1/16/09 11:38:00PM

Nick Diaz vs anyone anytime lets bring it on already

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

I hope they dont give him a fight. Teach the kid a lesson and stick to it. Hes been a jag and hes jerked them around more ways than one. Let him stay retired or fight else where. If he can start proving he is reliable, then get him signed again.

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

I hope they dont give him a fight. Teach the kid a lesson and stick to it. Hes been a jag and hes jerked them around more ways than one. Let him stay retired or fight else where. If he can start proving he is reliable, then get him signed again.

Well said. I thought Cesar was lying when he said this then again maybe the only person in MMA with less credibility than Cesar is Dana White

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

If Diaz wants another fight with the UFC Dana will give it to him he would be dumb not to. Diaz will bring in a ton of views he always does. I dont care how anyone feels about the man his fighting style and attitude keep things interesting.

GDPofMPG » Posted 2/22/08 6:29:00PM

Posted by Wallass

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Well said. I thought Cesar was lying when he said this then again maybe the only person in MMA with less credibility than Cesar is Dana White

I think they are both not telling the truth here. Both are lying.

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

Dana and his wolftickets never stop.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

if you've ever seen Private Parts, you'll recognize this quote which basically sums up how Nick Diaz sells fights:

Researcher: The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes. The average Howard Stern fan listens for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.

Pig Vomit: How can that be?

Researcher: Answer most commonly given? "I want to see what he'll say next."

Pig Vomit: Okay, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?

Researcher: Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.

Pig Vomit: But... if they hate him, why do they listen?

Researcher: Most common answer? "I want to see what he'll say next."

Lungsofsteel » Posted 7/6/12 5:14:00PM

I bet you if they offer anything it will be a condit rematch.

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

Here is what I know. If Dana White says something, 75% of the time the opposite is the truth.

I'm voting that the UFC is def. talking to him

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

So what Dana is saying is that he did make an offer! I'm on to you DFW

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

someone is lying

infestructure » Posted 1/18/12 9:29:00PM

Posted by Lungsofsteel

I bet you if they offer anything it will be a condit rematch.

I wouldn't mind that

[View Full Version of this Page]