MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Exclusive: Cesar Gracie Confirms Nick Diaz Has Been Offered a Fight By UFC   [View Full Version]
postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

LINK
“As far as his fighting and everything. He’s been in Vegas, he just got back a couple of days ago. There is an offer on the table, that’s all I can say. It’s something everyone is looking at right now and discussing with him. Dana has offered him a fight. There is an offer on the table, I can’t say who it is, but it’s kind of neat I think. But no decision’s have been made for sure.”

DeadHead988 » Posted 8/19/10 2:42:00PM

For anyone wondering why Nick never learns his lesson, maybe it's cause he realizes all he has to do is wait for his inevitable "second" chance. No matter what Dana says he always takes him back it's like an abusive relationship lol.

GDPofMPG » Posted 2/22/08 6:29:00PM

Posted by DeadHead988

For anyone wondering why Nick never learns his lesson, maybe it's cause he realizes all he has to do is wait for his inevitable "second" chance. No matter what Dana says he always takes him back it's like an abusive relationship lol.

Nick has his unyielding fan base to thank for that. Seems like Nick can do no wrong to them, while of course Nick is very skilled at doing things the wrong way.l

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Hector Lombard? I can't think of anyone else who would be considered 'neat'.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Nick doesn't necessarily require a fan base. Plenty of people watch because they want him to lose. He also puts on exciting fights nearly every time.

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

Very curious to see who it is. Sounds like the match is all but made.

Regarding Nick as a fighter: I wish every fighter would fight like him. He pressures, has endless cardio, a great all around game, and he finishes fights. Same with his brother.

As far as Nick as a person, his worst transgressions are probably being flakey and smoking weed, both of which go hand and hand. You never hear stories of him robbing banks, or raping people, or totalling his car while driving drunk, et cetera, et cetera. He gets way more heat than he should, in my opinion.

GDPofMPG » Posted 2/22/08 6:29:00PM

Posted by pmoney

Very curious to see who it is. Sounds like the match is all but made.

Regarding Nick as a fighter: I wish every fighter would fight like him. He pressures, has endless cardio, a great all around game, and he finishes fights. Same with his brother.

As far as Nick as a person, his worst transgressions are probably being flakey and smoking weed, both of which go hand and hand. You never hear stories of him robbing banks, or raping people, or totalling his car while driving drunk, et cetera, et cetera. He gets way more heat than he should, in my opinion.

I think people don't like his often entitled and immature, "I'm so hard yet I'm also a victim" attitude more then smoking weed. But that attitude plays right into his flaky behavior.

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Demian Maia was my guess. His fight with Kos just fell off.

Dberntson » Posted 6/16/09 12:09:00PM

Rory MacDonald if he beats Jake Ellenberger. Nick will get a chance to revenge the beatdown MacDonald put on his younger brother. This would be a good fight in my mind.

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

Lawler/Voelker winner
Ellenberger/MacDonald
Koscheck
Maia

If he's serious about MW I can see Dana offering him Belfort see Belfort will kill any 185er alive in front of him in Brazil minus Silva.
Even if that fight is in America (Diaz Belfort) it's a good thing as if Belfort comes in over the limits on TRT oh well, he only beat Diaz, if he doesn't test positive congrats... You're 3-0 and you've beaten 3 big names. Yes Diaz might have been a small 185er but its a well known and popular name and he can sell.

I like the Diaz/Belfort fight especially if Diaz is serious about 185. If Diaz does win he would have earnt that title fight he keeps banging on about.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

icantthinkofanything » Posted 1/16/09 11:38:00PM

I doubt he wants to fight Maia, because Maia can be a human backpack. He problly wants a non grappler and everyone's booked. Maybe Tarek Saf.

Lungsofsteel » Posted 7/6/12 5:14:00PM

I bet its a rematch with condit

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by FastKnockout

Demian Maia was my guess. His fight with Kos just fell off.

Oh yeah! Forgot all about that.

[View Full Version of this Page]