MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
With sights set on UFC title, Conor McGregor wanted fight with Ricardo Lamas   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

LAS VEGAS – When Irish featherweight Conor McGregor, heard he was getting a new opponent at next month's UFC Fight Night 26 event, he offered up an idea for UFC matchmaker Sean Shelby: top-ranked 145-pounder Ricardo Lamas.

Link

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

I have so much confidence in Conor that I will pick him against anyone.

I think hes that good

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

Conor is a beast but so is Lamas. I'd give Conor the striking advantage but that's about it. If Conor thinks he's ready for the wolves let'em get a reality check.

Lamas Ftw, Av bets ready without question.

Lamas is no Andy Ogle or Max Holloway, even though I do like Max.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

He's 25 with 1 fight in the ufc. I think he needs to slow down a bit. Brimage then Holloway is a good step up. Let his name grow and get as much experience as possible. I'm not entirely sold yet but he could have a lot of potential.

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

His striking is legit like most Brits. You stand with the likes of Mills, Daley, Bisping, Hardy then you really are picking the longest and hardest route to victory.

McGregor will be no different. Yes he might look on fire right now but who against?
European competition. In this point in his career he needs to pack his bags and head out to train at AKA or ATT or else he'll just become another guy to get a reality check when he's lying on his back with a good wrestler on top of him.

There is no doubt he is a beast standing and if he clips you you'll be in a world of hurt but I think Lamas would destroy him at this point in his career and he could probably do it inside one round.

I like his confidence though and can understand why he's calling out Lamas as Lamas is well known and on a tear. But he is picking his opponents, he picks Lamas, a guy who's been finished twice with punches, instead of someone who's a nightmare for him such as Lentz/Bermudez.

Dirty Blue

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

DFW isn't doing ol' Connie Mac any favors letting him roll deep in Ferrari's and shit with him.

MacGregor blew me away in his debut, and likely many others. But let the guy get some more fights. I seem to remember Paulo Thiago getting an impressive finish in his debut, we know how his story is going.

Im so confident in McGregor im ready to AV bet

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Lamas would ruin him

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

conor gotta beat up a few guys before being in same contention as lamas
do love the confidence in him

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Posted by airkerma

Lamas would ruin him

I agree
Mcgregor fought very tall against Brimage. I would think that firmly planted front foot would look like a steak for a guy like Lamas.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

why don't you beat someone of relevance before calling out one the top in the division?

(copied from every other thread about relative unknowns calling out top of the division)

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

GDPofMPG » Posted 2/22/08 6:29:00PM

Khabib has business calling out top guys at LW, McGregor does not at FW.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Got to love his ambition, my only issue is that this fight is a lose - lose situation for Lamas. I think Lamas is positioned right there with the likes of Swanson and Mendes...Conor just isn't yet. Now if he could take a fight and win against Poirer, Koch, Siver then I would understand because those are big name guys that aren't in the triangle of death that the FW division has at #2. Lastly, I too want to see him fight against a good wrestler. If they give it to him then I actually do hope that Lamas puts him on queer street and humbles him a bit with some solid GNP.

Michael_Corleone » Posted 4/7/11 11:08:00PM

Much like most European fighters, the second a good wrestler gets a hold of him, he is not getting back up and won't have any answers off of his back.

Av bet anyone

Im telling you, this guy is the real deal. I can feel it

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]