MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Pettis vs Thomson?   [View Full Version]
mk1630 » Posted 5/29/07 2:40:00PM

Anthony Pettis was supposed to be dropping to featherweight to challenge champion Jose Aldo for his title, but an injury put a stop to that. It appears now that Pettis will be staying at lightweight, and his next bout could come against former Strikeforce champ Josh Thomson. The two men traded tweets hinting at the bout:

Link

mk1630 » Posted 5/29/07 2:40:00PM

Not sure if that link is working.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/7/10/4510712/tweets-of-the-day-anthony-pettis-vs-josh-thomson-ufc-166

that should work if you plug it in.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Great fight I see Pettis taking the victory by finish

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

Pettis all day every day

GDPofMPG » Posted 2/22/08 6:29:00PM

I lean Pettis, but I'd love to see Thomson bring Anthony back down to Earth. Getting tired of his mouth and this 'nobody knows who Thomson is' nonsense. Josh was fighting in big fights in Pride, UFC and Strikeforce when Pettis was a sophomore in high school, long before Pettis became known for a kick.

Playground_Samurai » Posted 1/28/07 4:36:00PM

Posted by GDPofMPG

I lean Pettis, but I'd love to see Thomson bring Anthony back down to Earth. Getting tired of his mouth and this 'nobody knows who Thomson is' nonsense. Josh was fighting in big fights in Pride, UFC and Strikeforce when Pettis was a sophomore in high school, long before Pettis became known for a kick.

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

Posted by Playground_Samurai

Posted by GDPofMPG

Indeed. If Clay could get Pettis on his back I'd imagine Thompson can too but I'd like to see a standup war even if it favors Pettis.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

I think the fight makes tons of sense, Pettis has bounced around a little and Thompson is coming off of his first big win in a while. Pettis knows he is a bigger name than he'd like to admit too.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Could happen in Toronto.

Would be a good fight

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

Thomson is a difficult fighter to gauge, I've never thought much of him but he's one of them guys that usually comes with a plan A and a plan B, he struggles when he isn't the superior grappler but he shines against fighters with a predominantly boxing base. I think grappling is a draw but Pettis is superior standing. Thomson keeps this fight in the clinch and his strength should be enough to win a dirty boxing match. Dangerous high risk low reward for Pettis hope he's not taking him lightly.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Excellent fight

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

I hope Thomson wins via highlight finish

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

[View Full Version of this Page]