MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Morrison Wins Modified Rules Debut   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
aznteabagger » Posted 4/7/07 6:25:00PM

Nestled in Arizona's red rock mountains, former heavyweight boxing champion Tommy Morrison made what was billed as his mixed martial arts debut Saturday night.

Out of reach of the Arizona State Athletic Commission on the Yavapai-Apache Nation, unheralded John Stover of South Dakota stood as Morrison's first opponent.

LINK

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

I don't get the point of fighting "mma" if your just going to make it a boxing match.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Weak!

zephead » Posted 1/16/07 5:32:00PM

Posted by cmill21

I don't get the point of fighting "mma" if your just going to make it a boxing match.

Me thinks Morrison was a little a-feared. So he wanted to stand and bang with a guy that is a striker. Cheap if you ask me

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Gypsy_Jazz » Posted 1/14/07 3:42:00PM

Ultra dumb rules for the event. I don't know if I totally understand them though. I guess dirty boxing and clinching were allowed, but only punches were allowed to be thrown. It was far more of a modified rules boxing match than MMA match.

Breaking news: boxer wins boxing match, now to our top story: the sun is big and hot.

He looks terrible though, he use to be a mammoth guy, now looks like a 70 year of former body builder. HIV musta hit the AIDS stage....goof.

boob » Posted 2/22/07 7:16:00PM

So does he have HIV or don't he? Would you roll with someone that has HIV? Good luck finding a fight..

I would say i'll fight you, if you get a damn HIV test.

JMattson » Posted 1/31/07 11:03:00PM

if you ever wondered why people trash MMA, it's because this sort of thing happens. A supposed "mixed martial arts" bout where one man (a former boxer, retired 11 years, and nobody knows about his HIV condition) can do anything, and the other can't shoot, hold, throw, or anything else but punch.

All the hecklers and haters in the mass media will have no problem feeding the masses that this MMA is the same as the UFC, since it's all "MMA" and make it be a circus sideshow. It's as much the fault as the promoter, as the guy who still took the payday with the BS conditions.

Vietnamese_Guy » Posted 1/24/07 3:17:00PM

In the end, morrison still sucks

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

I guess if pushing and hugging are considered martial arts this would fall under the category of a mixed martial arts fight...

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Is it fighter bashing if I think he is a waste of space? Is it fighter bashing if I think he has tig ol' bitties? Is it fighter bashing if he hasn't actually fought an MMA match?

Someone should find this douche on myspace or some other blog so we can all go ask him why did he have all the rules changed if boxers would win in an mma match.

Ydoc » Posted 2/2/07 9:39:00AM

Posted by boob

So does he have HIV or don't he? Would you roll with someone that has HIV? Good luck finding a fight..

The first test had him positive but he's passed every test since. His ex wife says he's using meds to suppress it to a undetectable level. Tommy says the first test messed up and cost him a lot of his career. I tend to side with his ex on the issue.

boob » Posted 2/22/07 7:16:00PM

I agree with you ydoc, she probably knows...

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]