MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > General MMA Talk
What did you think of Bellator's Fightmaster premier?
Forum Opinion Poll
It sucked balls 5 16%
It is better than TUF 3 10%
I was mesmerized by Greg Jackson's twinkling eyes 1 3%
It's just OK. 12 39%
I don't know yet 7 23%
It would be good if Don King was a coach 3 10%

Fightmaster...your thoughts?   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

What are your thoughts on Fightmaster?

I thought Joe Warren was pretty funny, albeit a bit cocky. It was pretty awkward at times with the coaches being somewhat transparent that they DIDN'T want some of the fighters.

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

I didn't really care for it. I didn't like how they disrespected one of the fighters. Those guys are there for an opportunity to learn from what bellator deems the "best" coaches. I might give it a few more episodes before I give up on it.

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Ink Master is better

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Didn't care for it. Not a fan of Warren, Jackson, or Shamrock. The fighters weren't anything special, either. Thought the coaches all sitting in leather chairs was pretty stupid. Just wasn't into it.

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

I may be the only one who liked it lol I mean, free fights... no complaints here
I like the coaches and it feels almost identical to TUF when it was on spike, which isn't a bad thing at all.
It'll be cool to see what they do after the elimination fights and although I probably won't get all giddy for each episode like I did TUF 17 but i'll be watching the whole season.

hotrodttt » Posted 8/25/07 6:56:00PM

I liked it for the fact that these were free fights, but they looked like XFC prelims, really sloppy fighting. Chris Lozano should merk everybody

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

My wife evaluated it for about 5 seconds and upon seeing the 4 coaches in leather chairs and spotlights said simply, "this is cheesey."

I do like the free fights (when they show them). One of the fights was entertaining (can't remember their names yet).

I'm interested to know if the fighters/fights overshadow the lack of charisma of the coaches...

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

i enjoy watching the fights & hearing the coaches evaluate each fighter out loud.

i dont enjoy the coaches having to sell themselves to the fighters as to why he should pick them. i know it is in there, but that doesn't mean i have to like it.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

I enjoyed it enough, just didn't like how we only saw five fights. We don't need to see a whole bunch about them making their picks IMO. Fighters don't need to be babied or given half hearted criticism, so I think they way they talked was ok. It was the same when Frank "fought" foe his guy...I get it. I will see it through the season.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I did enjoy it a lot
I didn't like the coaches begging not to coach certain fighters or didn't want them on their team
Suprised Lozano picked shamrock team

JoeWarren33 » Posted 4/27/09 4:41:00PM

I didn't mind it

Playground_Samurai » Posted 1/28/07 4:36:00PM

Not bad. ill continue to watch

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Joe warren fucking annoys me
He talks too much shit

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

As an MMA fan who plans on watching it all, I think it's far too early to make a decision so far. I mean we are still in the elimination rounds. Ill make my decision ones we know what happens - like is there a house? That sorta thing.

But so far I've had no reason to bash it. I like how open Bellator is so open to mention the UFC. That takes balls and I'm glad they do it. When the UFC ignores other promotions it ticks me off.

But yeah, been very watchable so far

Dirty Blue

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

I don't like the format. I think they should have a draft or at the very least a bid system. I don't think the current format makes all that much sense. Especially for the fighters no one wants. It irritated me when no one wanted a kid bc he finished his fight before the judges had time to critique him.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]