MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Thoughts on Pettis Injury   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
jakewalters » Posted 1/14/12 12:02:00AM

I usually don't buy into the UFC conspiracy theory machine most of the time, but I heard a theory that makes enough sense to make an eyebrow raise up.

Pettis suffering from a "meniscus tear" that may only sideline him an additional few weeks. Aldo replaced by TKZ.

The real thing I'm going to be keeping an eye on is Henderson/Grant. It's falling on it's face ticket sales wise in Milwaukee (lower bowl still not sold out) and they need to do something to up sales. You know who's from Milwaukee? Pettis.

Like I said, I hate buying into the UFC conspiracy talk.. but if Grant mysteriously backs out of the title shot and Pettis takes his place, remember this thread.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Posted by jakewalters

I usually don't buy into the UFC conspiracy theory machine most of the time, but I heard a theory that makes enough sense to make an eyebrow raise up.

Pettis suffering from a "meniscus tear" that may only sideline him an additional few weeks. Aldo replaced by TKZ.

The real thing I'm going to be keeping an eye on is Henderson/Grant. It's falling on it's face ticket sales wise in Milwaukee (lower bowl still not sold out) and they need to do something to up sales. You know who's from Milwaukee? Pettis.

Like I said, I hate buying into the UFC conspiracy talk.. but if Grant mysteriously backs out of the title shot and Pettis takes his place, remember this thread.

it's definitely not unreasonable

UFC 151: Never Forget

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

I've heard more ridiculous things in my life

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

i definitely think your on to something.

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

Would love to see Pettis Throw down against Benson.

Lungsofsteel » Posted 7/6/12 5:14:00PM

I dont think he should have fought aldo in brazil anyways

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

I was really looking forward to Aldo vs Pettis. But if Pettis were to fight Aldo and loss would he have still been granted the title shot against Bendo? It would take a lot of the intrigue out of the Pettis vs Bendo fight.

I'd much rather see Bendo vs Pettis than Bendo vs Grant but if Pettis gets the shot over TJ that wouldn't be fair at all to him since I think he's done enough in convincing fashion to get his opportunity. But there's a lot of things that aren't right in this sport.

danclarke1992 » Posted 10/30/07 2:03:00PM

Pettis' coach duke roufus said on twitter that there hoping that pettis will be ready to fight at 164

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

I can understand why it might happen but if it does it'd be complete BS on the UFCs behalf.

That'd literally say fuck the sport it's all about money. This is the shit that happens in boxing, not MMA, or at least I hope not MMA.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Honestly after grant there is no clear cut contender while featherweight are stocked

Give Pettis the lightweight title shot

His injury took away having me to see zombie fight live
I'm a little pissed

tmas » Posted 6/15/07 2:09:00AM

just put them all in the cage same time battle royal.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

RT @MMAjunkie: Anthony Pettis wants T.J. Grant's UFC 164 slot against champ Benson Henderson http://dlvr.it/3Ww5QQ via @MMAjunkie

UFC 151: Never Forget

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

RT @MMAjunkie: Anthony Pettis wants T.J. Grant's UFC 164 slot against champ Benson Henderson http://dlvr.it/3Ww5QQ via @MMAjunkie

Can we give someone a legitimate title shot and tell the beggers they had their chance. Grant earned it. Pettis already jumped in the featherweight line

I was ridiculously excited for Pettis Aldo kinda saw it not happening a mile away though

Damn. Called that shit lol

Posted by jakewalters

If Grant mysteriously backs out of the title shot and Pettis takes his place, remember this thread.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]