MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Thiago Silva...   [View Full Version]
jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

I know I know, I ride the guys nuts but here me out here.

IF! Just if the UFC was to set up a rematch between Thiago Silva vs Alexander Gustafson in Brazil, in about 3 months time. How would you see the fight play out?

I mean Thiago would walk out with the home crowd, walking in 9-0 in Brazil, ring rust would no longer be a factor, he's now settled at a camp he likes. He's working a gameplan, he's working a guard.

Do you think Gustafsson would be able to play off the exact same long reach striking gameplan without Thiago making any changes?

And if it did go to a decision, would Thiago win because of them controversial judges??

This is all hypothetical as the UFC never make rematches for no real reason. But just wanna get you guy's opinions.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

Thiago isnt a top ten light heavyweight, he'd get mashed by Alexander like he did the first time unless he uses monkey urine.

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

I don't remember seeing Thiago getting mashed by Gustaf in any other round than the first... In fact I remember the third round Silva being far more efficient with his striking and landing a similar amount giving Thiago a small case to win the 3rd round.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Personally I think Gus wins the decision again. His size gives him an advantage for sure and even without it I think he is the more well rounded fighter.

infestructure » Posted 1/18/12 9:29:00PM

I love Thiago too, but he needs to spend more time training and less time practising his mean mug in the mirror. I honestly think he's doing so well in brazil because they don't test him for PEDs there. Bear in mind I'm basing this purely on the age and physicality of Silva.

Same goes for Belfort. TRT=PED

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

not sure how it'd go, but i always enjoy a Thiago Silva fight

UFC 151: Never Forget

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

As far as Gustafasson/Silva 2 goes, I'd pick Gustaffson.

I didn't agree with what Florian said last night about that being the best Silva has ever looked. IMO he looked his best against Vera (for whatever reason) and Calvacante was doing fairly well until he tried that spinning back fist.

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

I like Thiago too but the same result would happen as the first fight. Gustf style is taylor made to beat Thiagos and Shoguns. Just that styles beat styles thing that goes on in this thing called MMA

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I like thiago a lot
Glad he won cause a lost would have sent him to bellator

Next up for him.
I think him vs te huna or Jimi manuwa might be nice

Drudinh » Posted 12/17/07 6:19:00PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

I like thiago a lot

Next up for him.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

I like thiago a lot

Next up for him.

He would slaughter either of them on the ground if he took it there. Standing would get interesting.

danclarke1992 » Posted 10/30/07 2:03:00PM

There's no doubt Thiago looked awesome on saturday, but i think a rematch would play out exactly the same, I just think that Gus is a far superior technical striker and his reach would be too much

twodragunns » Posted 6/10/10 2:15:00PM

Some great thoughts on how this may play out if they were to face one another again, but either way I'd like to see it and I'm sure others would too.

aussiemma » Posted 1/27/12 10:34:00PM

always liked thiago silva even after all the dramas he has had. if they were to fight again i do see the mauler taking it again similiar to the first fight.

thiago silva is a tough fight for anyone at lhw.

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Thiago vs Henderson

[View Full Version of this Page]