MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
UFC Champions: By The Numbers   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

In terms of sustained excellence, no man can hold a candle to Ultimate Fighting Championship middleweight boss Anderson Silva.

Since he entered the UFC with a stirring 49-second knockout of Chris Leben a little less than seven years ago, the 38-year-old Brazilian has rewritten the record book. Silva holds the promotion’s all-time benchmarks for percentage of significant strikes landed (67.8), knockdowns (17), consecutive victories (16), consecutive title defenses (10) and wins in championship bouts (11). He also ranks second in post-fight bonuses (11) and third in total victories (16).

Silva has spent more than 2,400 days atop the middleweight division, having captured the 185-pound title from Rich Franklin at UFC 64 on Oct. 14, 2006. To put his reign in perspective: he won his belt before eight of the nine other current UFC champions had ever set foot inside the Octagon.

This infographic pairs those eyebrow-raising scorecards with statistical data provided by FightMetric.com.

Link

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I know. Fans who argue saying he isn't the best ever.
I absolutely don't get. You can't debate what he has done

He is the best ever. Out of all the fighters in the world.
I don't get more enjoyment than seeing him fight

I am very grateful that come July will be yet another Silva fight I will see live.

People like Silva or chuck lidell. Even gsp.
Being there to see there fight. Is a fight you won't forget

Michael_Corleone » Posted 4/7/11 11:08:00PM

Fun fact: you can watch 7 or 8 Anderson Silva fights in the time it takes to watch 1 GSP fight.

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

Fun Fact: Cain's strikes per minute is mental

[View Full Version of this Page]