MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
UFC 161: Rashad Evans trying to get 50 takedowns against Dan Henderson in Winnipeg   [View Full Version]
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

"I had a chance to compete against some of the best mixed martial artists of all-time: Chuck Liddell, Forrest Griffin, Machida, Rampage Jackson, Tito Ortiz, Jon Jones, now Dan Henderson. I'm excited about the opportunity to fight Dan Henderson. He's definitely on the top of that list of some of the best and some of the hall-of-famers I've competed against. I know what I want to do to get the results that I want to get: Trust in myself and gettin' it done. Takedown, ground and pound, roll up our sleeves and get dirty and go to work. I'm gonna try to get 50 takedowns this fight. 50. If get him down on the ground, I want to ground and pound him until he's done. Dan's right hand is very dangerous. He knocks everybody out with it, hard. He just knocks them the hell out and they sleep for a long time. I don't think it'll be a mistake to trade with him, I've got some power too. Let's not confuse this whole situation. I'm not going to go in there and stand in front of him and try to bang it out and hope to God I don't get hit with that big right hand. I'm going to be smart. He's gonna want to knock me out. It's not gonna happen. He's not knocking me out. I'm not going anywhere. I may have stumbled a little bit, fell down, but I get myself back up, dust myself off. I'm a top competitor. I deserve a chance to fight for the belt."

LINK

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

This has been Rashad's gameplan for pretty much every opponent he's had since Machida....

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

Posted by pmoney

This has been Rashad's gameplan for pretty much every opponent he's had since Machida....

I don't think his game plan will work. I see Henderson taking this one, hopefully via KO.

Lungsofsteel » Posted 7/6/12 5:14:00PM

Dan got out wrestled by Jake Shields. I think Rashad will be able to do the same. I also think Rashad will be able to avoid Dan's right hand. I see Rashad taking the UD in this one. Slight chance of a submission though.

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Posted by Lungsofsteel

Dan got out wrestled by Jake Shields. I think Rashad will be able to do the same. I also think Rashad will be able to avoid Dan's right hand. I see Rashad taking the UD in this one. Slight chance of a submission though.

Dan has never had the best tdd, but the Shields fight he was absolutely drained from his weight cut and battling a back injury. He looked drained and robotic that fight. More than usual

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Lungsofsteel

Dan has never had the best tdd, but the Shields fight he was absolutely drained from his weight cut and battling a back injury. He looked drained and robotic that fight. More than usual

And he still almost decapitated Jake.

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

I lost all respect for Rashad after his last performance. I can't wait to see Hendo blow his head off with a bomb

tepid55 » Posted 2/4/07 2:11:00PM

I'll be surprised if Rashad gets a takedown on Dan Henderson.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Blackzilian Evans is 0-2 in their camp
Hendo will beat him.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by shaneTpain

I lost all respect for Rashad after his last performance. I can't wait to see Hendo blow his head off with a bomb

Jeez. A guy isn't allowed to have an off night?

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

He's gonna catch 50 jabs

In reality Henderson gets taken down pretty easily for the caliber of wrestling he has.

[View Full Version of this Page]