MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC on FOX 8's John Moraga on champ Demetrious Johnson: 'I think he's boring'   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

UFC flyweight contender John Moraga respects current champion Demetrious Johnson. Really, he does. He just happens to think "Mighty Mouse" is a boring fighter.

Link

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

DJ is awesome, he doesn't finish a lot of fights but that doesn't mean he is a lnp artist at all...there is a difference between him and Fitch for sure.

OnyxShadow » Posted 1/22/08 3:28:00PM

There's more than one kinda boring (LnP isn't the only one), and DJ is certainly his own unique flavor. To me a good fight has to have a reasonable chance that it could end at any moment. Otherwise there's simply no intensity.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Mighty mouse needs to finish one Ufc fight already

Lungsofsteel » Posted 7/6/12 5:14:00PM

ill take johnson in this one

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

What I like about Johnson is he is so well rounded he mixes up his attack all the time, which I quite enjoy watching. However, not finishing a fight since against Damacio Page in 2010 isn't going to win him over many casual fans. I have a feeling this fight will get finished in some way or another though

Posted by prozacnation1978

Mighty mouse needs to finish one Ufc fight already

Let's not forget he isn't the only champion without a single finish in the UFC. Ben Henderson is the proud owner of 7 decisions.

But I don't mind decisions in the lower weight classes at all. They're usually fast paced and keep it up all three rounds.

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

I don't think he's boring, he usually always on the attack and his motor never runs out. I would however, like to see him finish someone.

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

Posted by OnyxShadow

There's more than one kinda boring (LnP isn't the only one), and DJ is certainly his own unique flavor. To me a good fight has to have a reasonable chance that it could end at any moment. Otherwise there's simply no intensity.

I'd like to see him take more chances too.

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

I would emplore anyone to go re-watch Dodson-Johnson. That was a FUN fight. Yeah we all knew if there were going to be a finish, it would be Dodson getting it, but both guys really beat the fuck out of each other. Johnson must have kneed Dodson in the face 20 times in that fight.

40ouncetofreedom » Posted 3/29/09 4:31:00PM

Also, when you're the champ you're fighting the top of the weight class, So it's not incredibly easy to finish consistently, However it would be nice for some of the lower weight guys to finish more, 170 and down anyways With the exception of Aldo.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

I just don't think the lighter guys have the ko power to finish on the feet. Lack of subs all I can say is wrestlers are not always the best sub artists but they usually have good sub d. 135 125 are stacked with wrestlers.

[View Full Version of this Page]