MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Despite Antonio Silva's complaint, UFC boss sees no issue with UFC 160 stoppage   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

LAS VEGAS – Following an 81-second title loss in Saturday's UFC 160 main event, Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva feels he got a bum deal and believes referees such as Mario Yamasaki should be penalized.

.Link

Goatenstein » Posted 4/27/12 11:03:00AM

This is almost as ridiculous as Juan Manuel Lopez accusing a ref of betting on his fight.

FlashyG » Posted 2/13/08 10:33:00AM

I thought the stoppage was a little early, but I don't think it affected the end result.

It just saved Silva from a few more powerful punches to the side of his head.

isk » Posted 12/5/07 12:38:00PM

This was even more decisive than the Lawler / Kos thing. Bigfoot was getting mauled and Cain wasn't going anywhere. At most it would've lasted another round, but I'm reasonably confident 10 more seconds would've had Bigfoot out like Hunt.

SamPan » Posted 2/17/09 12:13:00AM

After the fight, Bigfoot grabbed the side of the cage with a hand to keep his balance. Good stoppage

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

I've seen worse stoppages but I thought it was early. Brock was in worse shape than Bigfoot for an entire round and came back to win. Not to mention Bigfoot has a head of granite. But with that said he was doing a shitty job defending himself.

[View Full Version of this Page]